Failing To Observe Spanish Bin Laws Can Mean A Large Fine (1 Viewer)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks for that.

When I was in Spain in May I did the bin run first thing in the morning, now I will do it last thing at night(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
And so, its just dandy if your house stinks, and is overrun with vermin, as long as you don't let the already smelly street stink. Good plan. o_O No bin problems in Skeggy. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's really interesting. So municipal bins are emptied daily? - I never knew that - how brilliant!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's really interesting. So municipal bins are emptied daily? - I never knew that - how brilliant!

Yes, I don't know why they don't introduce it here.

I am sure it would save money.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
When they put the bin's out for my apartment there are a steady stream of visitors before the bin men arrive..
You would not believe how many people get there hands in and search through them !!!!

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have seen bins with these timetables on them often while touring Spain in the winter. This is not a new thing and it makes sense. The bins are emptied during the night (every night) so the waste isn't in the bins for long. The waste we generate would not stink the van out between breakfast and the times we saw for dumping. ie. 22:00 hrs (8pm). During the winter we have put our rubbish in the bins just before dark or as we find them. I'm sure if the UK adopted a similar system instead of household bins it would be better here. Banks of waste and recycling bins make more sense than a stop at every door for the waggon. After all it is the same companies that are running the system here as well as in Spain.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
A night-time collection in the UK could be a good thing. The bin lorries could move more freely without creating congestion, they would finish sooner but could I sleep with the sounds of my bin being collected in the night; nice idea though.

Alan

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
@rosalan - don't be daft! How would they be able to see, to empty them, without street lights? It's like the black hole of Calcutta along our road from midnight until morning when there's no moon.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On a Thursday night we can put out "other stuff" like bulky household items. ie old beds, kitchen units etc..
Council send a lorry round Friday morning .. However the "Gippo's" get there first and all the scrap metal is taken.
Good system really..

Saying that, any metal left at the end of the drive here in UK has gone by morning.. "Scrap fairy".. :)

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
In Portugal you may put your rubbish in ANY bin... public or private.

Not aware of any time restrictions.

Vive La Difference!

JJ :cool:
Same where we live, JJ - but I am aware other places have restrictions.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

No, not in all areas. Here they are emptied Monday ,Wednesday & Friday , 365 days a year. A bin washing lorry follows the rubbish lorry about an hour after. It is all fully automated 1 man operations. Bin washer man gets qute funny if someone has deposited rubbish in bin between lorry emptying it & the cleaning lorry arriving.:giggle:

In Portugal you may put your rubbish in ANY bin... public or private.

Not aware of any time restrictions.

Vive La Difference!

JJ :cool:
Same here but yes there are time restrictions. All the stickers should now state the time from & too as the sticker shown in that article " after 9pm " are ambiguous as 10 am is after 9pm the night before & the Spaniards aren't slow too mention it if caught ! lol:LOL::LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On a Thursday night we can put out "other stuff" like bulky household items. ie old beds, kitchen units etc..
Council send a lorry round Friday morning .. However the "Gippo's" get there first and all the scrap metal is taken.
Good system really..

Saying that, any metal left at the end of the drive here in UK has gone by morning.. "Scrap fairy".. :)
You have to ring the council here & they'll arrange to pick it up. Or you can take it to the recycling centre.
I take my scrap to a scrap yard.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Do they really have bins in Spain? When we drove down the coastal strip two years ago it seemed apparent that any spare land was fair game for tipping rubbish on

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I do just the same, in the builders skip up the road. (y) You can often find Irishrover nicking it all just after first light. :)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
When we lived in Fuengirola, our bins were emptied daily at 2am: sleep was disturbed for a few minutes at first but we soon got used to it. In Marbella our bins were emptied at 6.30am: a good wake up call to ensure a bright start to the day.

As stated: no bin lorries blocking the streets during daylight hours! Also no vermin, as they were emptied daily. Feral cats, however, were a different problem.

Everytime people complain about UK collections I recommend the Iberian way - Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back