Moto-trek: A Few Observations (1 Viewer)

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Well we're getting to know Daisy, our rear lounge Leisure-Treka collected a month ago. Some issues of course which we're trying to get resolved. Anybody thinking of a van from this company might want to keep an eye on this thread. I will post a few thoughts re problems and if/how they have been addressed. Early days but a bit concerned. I will post again soon.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Have seen them a few times at shows , the finish looks appalling tbh , how they have the front to put them on display amazes me .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 1995
Have seen them a few times at shows , the finish looks appalling tbh , how they have the front to put them on display amazes me .
Really, Adbt? The Moto-Teks I have looked over always seemed to be pretty well finished, although some of the glossy finishes were not to my taste. What did you not like?

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Really, Adbt? The Moto-Teks I have looked over always seemed to be pretty well finished, although some of the glossy finishes were not to my taste. What did you not like?
Have a look at the slide out sections ?????? Mastik/ sealant everywhere and slip shod wiring , wouldn't touch em with a bargepole tbh .
Horse box makers playing at being motorhome manufacturers

Jul 6, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 1995
Have a look at the slide out sections ?????? Mastik/ sealant everywhere and slip shod wiring , wouldn't touch em with a bargepole tbh .
Yikes! Thank you. We were looking at one of the Euro-Trekka models. I called the head office showroom to ask if we could stop by and take a look; they said they'd call back. They didn't call me back. That says something too.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hey guys, go easy don't forget the OP already has picked up his MH. It may not be to your liking but don't spoil it for him. Yes there are obviously some issues but let's hear what they are.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
My dad is STILL waiting for his mototrek you know the one he ordered last year at Malvern ! They keep saying a couple of weeks and have been saying that since April.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sorry to add to it but it was Peterborough last year We looked at one with a view to buy and had the same opinion, with highly visible mastic sealant and poor finish. Having told their sales person what we thought we stumbled away and almost fell into our new Pilote A Class which was almost opposite. Had not considered an A class until that moment as we were only looking for somewhere to get away from a very pi$$ed off salesman...... Thanks Moto Trek; you did us a real favour.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well we're getting to know Daisy, our rear lounge Leisure-Treka collected a month ago. Some issues of course which we're trying to get resolved. Anybody thinking of a van from this company might want to keep an eye on this thread. I will post a few thoughts re problems and if/how they have been addressed. Early days but a bit concerned. I will post again soon.
After the above post, I thought I would separately say that we really hope you get the problems addressed and fixed and get around to enjoying what is a genuinely refreshing approach to the leisure market (y):)

OP
OP
Ian is B

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Right. Van back at Moto Trek today (second time). Hopefully it will prove worth a day of my time and half a tank of diesel. Will the snagging bits and pieces be done this time? Will post a detailed report on our van, its snaffus and how we found the operation at M-Trek in a few days time. At the moment the jury is out but I will give them every chance before publishing my judgement.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Right. Van back at Moto Trek today (second time). Hopefully it will prove worth a day of my time and half a tank of diesel. Will the snagging bits and pieces be done this time? Will post a detailed report on our van, its snaffus and how we found the operation at M-Trek in a few days time. At the moment the jury is out but I will give them every chance before publishing my judgement.

And........?

Or is a case that the snagging list is so long its taking you a while to type it up!

OP
OP
Ian is B

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Just wanted to calm down and ensure I post a balanced summary of our experience. Right, here goes. We have bought a Leisure Treka RL. It suits us. Decent spec, decent price and decent quality finishes when we looked at the show vehicle last year. We will enjoy our Daisy. We did not enjoy dealing with Moto-Trek, whose approach to quality control and customer service is wanting. If we knew last year what we know now we would have gone elsewhere. Sad but true. More detail in the following post.

OP
OP
Ian is B

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
We ordered our van almost a year ago for June 1 delivery. Some early problems arrived when the sales guy we dealt with left the company. It took a while to get things back on track and some conversations and promises re the van got forgotten. Ho hum.
A month or so before delivery we paid in full (little over 45k). We asked for registration number details and were given them. We sorted out insurance. Then we got the "it might not be ready conversations". We went up to look at the van. No way would it be ready. We agreed a one week delay. When we then went to collect it still was not ready.
First impression was not good - the wrong number plates fitted! Seriously. Then we saw the wrong wall coverings. Our cushions were not there either; I think M-Trek found some to lend us from another vehicle. The cab seats arrived late in the afternoon and we were sent on our way with seat belt alarms beeping since the electrics had not been wired up. Other problems had been identified and a return visit was arranged to sort. The handover was muddled and repeatedly interrupted by the sales guy Ben dealing with other issues on his phone. We seemed to be just in the way. Not good.
More in following post.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Sounds like a SWIFT to me...BUSBY:D:D:D

OP
OP
Ian is B

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
By the return snagging visit we had a bit of a list. A cupboard door had fallen off. The shower hose was missing both its washers. The awning caught on the side light. BLAST LOST INTERNET. Retyping a couple of hundred words (sic). The TV did not work. The three way fridge would not switch to or from 12v supply. Many of the manuals and warranty documents were missing. And more. There was a glitch tripping the electrics. You get the gist.
Some jobs were done; some were not. We were told the awning had been sorted. I checked. It had not. Bit of a fib there! The adjustment bolts had not even been fitted so it could not have been adjusted. We took the van away to take stock. A few nights camping and we realised another visit to M-Trek was needed. More minor problems eg fridge vent peeling away from van side but, more worryingly, one set of high level cupboards was beginning to come away at one end. So I rang. A call back from Dave the servjce manager told me the factory was too busy to accommodate me. Not funny. I insisted and visited last Wednesday. How did I get on. Next posting summarises.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Waiting with bated breath

OP
OP
Ian is B

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Dropped the van off at eight in the morning and took the bus into Huddersfield for the day so M-Trek could do the jobs. Came back seven hours later. Furious. Jobs just not properly done or completely ignored. I said I would sleep in the van on their forecourt overnight to get the jobs done the next day. In the end I went to a nearby campsite. M-Trek offered to pay. They didn't. Only a tenner but in customer service terms just stupid. Demanded to see Dave when he was to busy to see me the next morning and finally got agreement to address my main two concerns - collapsing cupboard and tv not working. These jobs were finally done. Hooray. Others (tripping electrics, that three-way fridge) are for another day. M-Trek have agreed that these can be done at a m/home dealership nearer to where we will be living in Somerset. I trust this happens.
In the meantime we are having a couple of months of non-stop camping as we wait for our new home to be built. Brilliant. Southport this week; Malvern and Burnham next.
We like our van. Even though the quality in places certainly does not match the show van. It however suits us just fine The hassle of dealing with M-Trek does not.

OP
OP
Ian is B

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Okay that is it. Hope these thoughts help anybody else thinking of buying a motorhome from these guys. If so, trust you have an easier experience than us. Regards.

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
It's good that you like your van, it's not good that the company can't provide decent customer service. I hope that once all the problems have been sorted you have many happy years with it :) And thanks for sharing hope the firm take note on how easy it is to let others know ;)

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. Sorry to hear of your problems. They sound a right shower of b*******, perhaps they should keep to building horse boxes. Your experience is totally different to the one I had when my van was built last year.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Dad ordered his at Malvern show (August/September 2014) for delivery April 2015.
As you know Dad travelled upto the factory on Thursday (he did try to call you by the way but you must have had a poor signal or something). He went to the factory on Friday morning. There is a van there to his specification. I think this was somewhat of a relief. It certainly was to us at home waiting to see if the van actually existed! I was having my doubts. Anyway Itchyfeet will be collecting "this week" for PDI and hopefully we will be going to collect 31st July 2015........Watch this space

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
How's it going now @Ian is B?

My husband loved the mototrek because of the extra space that the slide out gives ..... Can't understand why more British/European vans don't have them. We were going to look at them at Birmingham NEC show in October but saw our van at the Stafford show in June and went for it. Funnily enough, I had emailed Mototrek to ask if they were exhibiting at the Stafford show and they didn't bother to reply! A good omen for us maybe?

We ended up with a Swift, which I know some people berate but we have been happy so far, just a few teething problems which have been down to us learning the ropes.

I hope things are getting better, it must be gutting to have so many problems with your pride and joy.

Alison17

Free Member
Nov 6, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have recently collected my Leisure Treka ELS, I absolutely love it! there were a few niggling faults - but they were quickly sorted. I don't know what happened during your experience but the customer service I received was brill - and I can't fault them. On collection I had a full demonstration on how to work everything I needed to. Very happy customer here!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Excellent news Alison.. and when you become a paid up member I am sure it will hold water :)
So many times a certain company has joined the forum, posted similar to you only to be revealed as working for for said company..

( especially when it came to supplying vehicles to people re another hobby I and a good many other forum members have )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back