Sigma M30/M34 Alarm - Spurious rocker switch (1 Viewer)

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Compass 740
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
I have a Sigma M30 alarm fitted to my camper and one of the blippers is not working. The other is fine. I got on the phone to Scorpion, who now own Sigma, and they were very helpful, eMailing me a copy of the instructions, and giving me the PIN, as none came with the vehicle. I mentioned that next to the numeric data entry panel I have a small stainless steel rocker switch of which the previous owner had said, "I think it's something to do with the alarm - I've never used it". I've never used it either and the man from Scorpion did not know what it was for.

I've tried flicking it on and off and it does not seem to have any effect on anything. Short of trying to trace the wires would any of you guys like to give some insight as to what its purpose might be?

Attachments

• SigmaPanel.jpg
    SigmaPanel.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 57

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I have the M34 alarm on mine and have the very same rocker switch next to the key pad so would be interested if anyone has an answer.
My local alarm guy didn't seem to know either!

OP
OP
RogueStorm

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
Bugger! Thought you had an answer when it came up in my eMail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Does your alarm system include a cycle rack loop? The Strikeback does (it connects via a caravan-type multi-plug) and there is a rocker switch on the dash to activate or deactivate the loop.

OP
OP
RogueStorm

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
I've no idea but will check when we get back. Currently into day 67 of 90 of our European trip - Currently on the Amalfi coast so don't want to start messing with anything in case something stops working.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The rocker switch working the Cycle Loop makes sense. My Sigma Unit does not have a "loop". and therefore NO switch?. Shame really as I have use of such a "Loop". My stikeback on the R-V came installed complete with switch!!. This one needs to be retrofitted and NO ONE wants to do it, Neither will they give me a Wiring Diagram to do it myself!!

Pete

Ps IF anyone has done it OR has a wiring diagram they could copy me I would appreciate it?

P

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The rocker switch working the Cycle Loop makes sense. My Sigma Unit does not have a "loop". and therefore NO switch?. Shame really as I have use of such a "Loop". My stikeback on the R-V came installed complete with switch!!. This one needs to be retrofitted and NO ONE wants to do it, Neither will they give me a Wiring Diagram to do it myself!!

Pete

Ps IF anyone has done it OR has a wiring diagram they could copy me I would appreciate it?

P
Because they can't!

Do you know if you have a Normally Closed alarm trigger circuit available?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Eddie. I do not even know WHERE the unit is located! Brownhills fitted it new, I am the 3rd owner, I suspect under the Dash somewhere?. When I get the time I may go tracing wiring and see if the unit has any "spare" connections.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back