2 Stroke Oil mixed with Diesel anyone tried it (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just reading on another forum a discussion regarding the use of a small amount of 2 stroke oil mixed with diesel, apprantly there could be a number of benefits, anyone tried it, does it work. There are a number of links if you google the topic here's just one of them

Freel2.com - View topic - 2-stroke oil and diesel

Be interested in your opinions

Braunston

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi,
Just reading on another forum a discussion regarding the use of a small amount of 2 stroke oil mixed with diesel, apprantly there could be a number of benefits, anyone tried it, does it work. There are a number of links if you google the topic here's just one of them
Braunston

Hmmmmm, the theory is fair, tho' TBH, my knowldege on this subject isn't sufficient to give you a DEFINATE answer one way or the other.:Doh:
What I will say is this.
At the moment, I'm looking for a Nissan Navara (long story which I wont BORE you with!::bigsmile:) On reading the Navara UK Forum, it would appear that the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) can cause problems by getting too clogged up. I don't know if the new Fiat etc engines are fitted with such a device, but I would have thought it worth checking because 2 stroke oil isn't the cleanest stuff to burn.:Blush:
HTH

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
WOW,,,,could be a winner !!!

That looks quite interesting, where on earth did you dig that one up from ? when some replies come in I might try it it on my old diesel Rover banger !!!! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
OK, I've had a look at the site and I'm not too sure about the sulfa lubricating the pump and injectors but it could be true.

I'm pretty certain that it wont do any harm, maybe the oil companies put it in and sell it at a marked up price?

Maybe a drop of cooking oil will doo the same thing at half the price:winky:

Doug...

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Zaskar

I don't know anything about the subject or if it works, but in one of the treads there is a suggestion that it will stop the clogging on the Particulate Filter this is an extract from the link I gave earlier

In other words, the 2-stroke oil has a much lower ash-content as diesel, when burned. This proven fact delays the DPF (diesel particulate (soot) filter) to clogg, and the "burn free" process of the DPF will be much less.

I don't know if its true or not.

Hi, Steve4Kay, it seems like I've to much spare time, but don't tell her in doors or she will find me something to do:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What I will say is this.
At the moment, I'm looking for a Nissan Navara (long story which I wont BORE you with!::bigsmile:) On reading the Navara UK Forum, it would appear that the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) can cause problems by getting too clogged up. I don't know if the new Fiat etc engines are fitted with such a device, but I would have thought it worth checking because 2 stroke oil isn't the cleanest stuff to burn.:Blush:
HTH

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Hi,

Braunston

Great read and I am seriously thinking about trying it. :thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Anyone tried it yet????? would be interested in the results, I think Im going to put some in my old Xsara TD and see if it does the trick:Smile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I am a member of the Diesel Ram forum in the States. This was a topic brought up some time ago and most consider it to be 'essential' to maintain lubrication in the injection pump. As far as I know most of the members do this without any problems whatsoever, including me. It didn't seem to affect the emissions test as my Dodge has passed with flying colours. I only put a small amount in (about an egg cup full to a tank - 100 litres approx.). There are proper diesel fuel additives available which I imagine would do the same job.

Nigel

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hi Wizzer your Xsara TD will run on just about anything :) mine Xantia does (bosch pump mind)

John

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Hi,

Braunston

Get yourself comfy and have a look through these threads.....

Ford Transit Forum • View topic - two stroke oil in the diesel ?

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Thanks for the info guys
I have found some of the required 2stroke oil today and added 270 ml to a full tank (54Litre) too soon to tell at the moment but will let you know what I think in due course.

Sundowner interested that you use much less than the recommended??? (200/1) dose, why is that?

Johng not sure what pump mine has but as its only a banger I thought it would be an interesting experiment not least cos it smokes (black) quite a bit on hard acceleration:Blush:

Tim

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Tim

I'm not following a recommended quantity, I just use the principle that it's extra lubrication and the pump doesn't rely on this alone, so anything is better than nothing. Time will tell.

Nigel

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
The man recommends .3 litres per 70 litres.
That's 1 litre to 233 litres.
Cost, nearly a tenner for a litre of half decent 2 stroke oil.

A proprietary lubricator to treat 475 litres of diesel costs ÂŁ23.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Tim

I'm not following a recommended quantity, I just use the principle that it's extra lubrication and the pump doesn't rely on this alone, so anything is better than nothing. Time will tell.

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Mmm probly good thinking, Ill give it three or four tankfulls at the recommended?? dose and if I think its worthwhile then I think Ill do what you do or bring it down gradualy to see if there is any differance.:thumb:

As you say the yanks seem to have been doing it for years so I guess there must be something to it.:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back