Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
My hubby goes mad about the door being left open in case mozzies get in but its too dark and hot when closed. I bought a string fly curtain but it lasted 2 minutes. Can anyone recommend anything else suitable for a MH narrow door?

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
We've tried all sorts of things from the Fiamma fly screen door, a JVC one, a Lidl one and so on even to a ridiculously expensive one we bought in France

What works best, and cost about ÂŁ 4 is a length of net or voile curtain with a length of plastic coated curtain wire over the door, internally, to keep it up. It could be improved with 2 lengths of curtain, on two lengths of curtain wire, so that you can part the curtains in the centre but there is still a big overlap.

Dunelm Mills do curtain netting off the roll and the wire can be bought there or from Home base etc. I also intend to put a length of the lead weight you can buy for the purpose in the bottom of the curtain so it will withstand very windy weather ( when, currently I hold it down with 3 clothes pegs on the bottom !)

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Wasn't there one advertised that had a couple of magnets on the long edges that part when you go through and snap together when your through?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
image.jpg

This what we use, it's very effect.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Wasn't there one advertised that had a couple of magnets on the long edges that part when you go through and snap together when your through?

Yes, we have one in the garage at home. We had it on our last van. We had to put a frame round the inside of the door to hold it in place and stop flies getting round the sides and the clicking noise the magnets made was very satisfying. The problem was that they very often clicked together so that there was a gap in the centre, this was especially true if the van was ever so slightly sloping. We can' t use them on this van as the kitchen work top and the door locks get in the way of fitting. It was the best of the many we have tried over the years though.

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
We bought the fly screen advertised on the tele, The Range have them for a fiver, fitted it last week with the velcro strips provided, the magnets click together after you have walked through. I managed to fit the curtain behind the door catch so no problem there.
Happy hunting. :smiley:

Upvote 0

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
View attachment 68690
This what we use, it's very effect.

I`ve seen those a lot over in France they look up to the job, where do you buy them ?
My better half just fitted a net curtain on a springy rod above hab door tied back till in use it seems good and a bit of weight at the bottom may keep it down in a breeze, any movement may also shoo away any flying pests, but i do like those thick wooly looking ones mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I`ve seen those a lot over in France they look up to the job, where do you buy them ?
My better half just fitted a net curtain on a springy rod above hab door tied back till in use it seems good and a bit of weight at the bottom may keep it down in a breeze, any movement may also shoo away any flying pests, but i do like those thick wooly looking ones mentioned above.
Any Motorhome or caravan accessory shop usually has them.....when we had one yers ago I found I stood on them and then they stretched
But what suits one dosnt suit another;)

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have one of these on last three vans /same as one advertised in motorcaravan parts section/ but a lot cheaper .boss pleats then sews them to reduce the width then job done ,on this van also have rat tails but the don't keep flies out :)

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Got it from Amazon, look under "chenille fly screens" (y)
As said, they stretch a little, so you can see ours overhang the door bottom, but we don't mind that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back