wild camping past paris (1 Viewer)

S

stevehkr

Deleted User
Hi everyone

We are taking our first trip abroad this year in our mh. We are travelling down to perpignan to watch the rugby. The plan is we are getting the ferry in dover just past 5pm then plan to drive till we get past paris then stop for the night and continue to perpignan the next day. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any stops i could use south of paris that will not need booking :thumb:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
You can park and sleep : East of Paris place du Château de Vincennes, close to Bd périphérique and A6 A7 to go to south.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Buy a French Aires guide from Vicarious Books or look on line at Camping Car Infos which has most of the Aires

CAMPINGCAR-INFOS

.. there are over 3,000 locations to choose from.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Weymard

I have found a Aire non verifees, at or near the junction of Esplanade Saint-Louis and Route Dauphine - 48.83969, 2.43597, is that the place you are suggesting as i am trying to compile a list of stopping places.

Thanks
Braunston

You can park and sleep : East of Paris place du Château de Vincennes, close to Bd périphérique and A6 A7 to go to south.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
The french have got the camping off to a fine art, so much so that almost possible to park up anywhere and you will be OK. there are plenty of aires de camping, literally thousands of them, just do a search you cant help but find them.

Have a look at this and it will get you going..

CAMPINGCAR-INFOS

Doug...

Last edited:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
Hi, Weymard

I have found a Aire non verifees, at or near the junction of Esplanade Saint-Louis and Route Dauphine - 48.83969, 2.43597, is that the place you are suggesting as i am trying to compile a list of stopping places.

Thanks
Braunston

Exactly, Esplanade Saint-Louis, it is free, secure, a little noisy but for one night is very well, and if you have a pets they can run in Vincennes wood at 100 m !

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Perpignan Trip

As suggested by friends on the forum wild camping in France is not necessary due to many free Aires. Your main problem is to find a route south to avoid many road toll charges.
Try Calais Paris, then A7 towards Nevers, Clermont Ferrand, Beziers, Perpignan. Mainly free motorway and fast route.
One stop we use on that route is the municipal site at Moulins, about 8Euros and a very attractive town to visit over a stone bridge, Fab Man.

OP
OP
S

stevehkr

Deleted User
:thumb:Thanks for the advice everyone.:thumb: What is the latest you can arrive at an aire?

dazzaandjay

Free Member
Mar 14, 2009
Sahorre, South France
Funster No
MH
Hymer b754
Exp
free aires

hi there
we live near perpignan and bought our new motorhome in the UK 2 weeks ago and drove back last week, so can maybe help out. we staid at some great camp sites and didnt pay once, all were superb, next to rivers and lakes etc, feel free to pm me.

basically it doesnt really matter to much which way you come down france it doesnt add a huge distance, ie around west coast and la rochelle or the west and lyon or down the centre through paris, there really isnt much in it, i have done this trip many times now in the car.

i would strongly avoid going orlean -> clerment ferand (massive central), whilst its free auto route its a couple hundred kms of mountains that go up and down up and down up and down, and are real car killers! you see a lot of breakdowns on this route.

to ease the panic of getting past paris, unless you want to go to paris I would suggest going west towards Roune, lovely aire near here, free by the river seine, then carry on down to le mans, free aire in city centre or another free one a bit out at noirt, then carry onto la rochelle, loads of free aires here, staid at a couple, on the marina front etc, then cadillac near bordeax, then trebes near carcassone and finally perpignan.

i hve all the aire names, gps, pics and details if it will help.

Have a good trip.

Darren

lurcherzip

Free Member
Apr 28, 2009
Funster No
france

hi darren thanks for that post. i am thinking of going on a trip to france down south, perpignan way. i have only just purchased an 07 600g auto roller for the first time. i would like to stay in the aires you would recommend. how long did it take you to travel through france from top to bottom. i don't want to rush especially if the weather is good. so what sort of distances were you travelling each day? and what was the total miles on your route through france. my email address is tomtyron@googlemail.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back