LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Being that this is our first year of MoHo'ing I insured with Adrian Flux as I have my other big boys toy insured with them for £204.54 for twelve months fully comp with all the bells and whistles, so far so good.
What I didn't get right was the mileage, when asked how many miles I thought we would be doing I scratched my head and had a think and came up with 5000 mls.
Now two and a half months from renewal were fast running out of miles left and two big trips before then so I rang up for more miles. 3000 should do it I says, that will be £266.65 p she says!
WHAT! I only paid £204.54 for twelve months! So off she goes trying to blind me with calculations blaa blaa blaa.
So £25.00 to cancel and start somewhere else methinks. :mad::mad::mad:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Are you sure she is not quoting you for a whole new years Insurance? ?

Deleted User
I don't get this £25 cancellation charge. If you go to another insurer then could you just leave the original one until it expires or is a case of needing proof of no claims bonus. I had an issue with Adrian Flux when cancelling after 6 months. No refund but they said they would not charge the £25 cancellation fee - how kind. After complaining they did refund a portion of the policy cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
didn't think it was legal to have two policies on the same vehicle.. could be wrong of course
Your right Jim. Just had this argument over insuring my new bike. I had to keep the old one on its insurance, (whilst awaiting sale) and go to a different provider for the new one, who wouldn't add the old one temporarily because it was already insured......:mad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
didn't think it was legal to have two policies on the same vehicle.. could be wrong of course
Your right Jim. Just had this argument over insuring my new bike. I had to keep the old one on its insurance, (whilst awaiting sale) and go to a different provider for the new one, who wouldn't add the old one temporarily because it was already insured......:mad:
Is it actually illegal or is it the case that companies don't like it (and, therefore, won't allow it) because of the problems that might arise if grounds for a claim arose whilst it was double covered?

Deleted User
Did they take a starting mileage from you?

If not how do they know how many miles you have done?

Is your mileage an "estimated" mileage or a "maximum" or "limited" mileage?

Does your policy state that you are not insured if you go over your limit?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is it actually illegal or is it the case that companies don't like it (and, therefore, won't allow it) because of the problems that might arise if grounds for a claim arose whilst it was double covered?

'illegal' was probably a bad choice of word... you are probably correct that it's the insurer who don't like it.. and won't issue a policy if the vehicle is already covered.

Reactions: GJH

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Given that I believe...

All insurance companies = con artists and thieves...

I used Adrian Flux for years and years for three self builds... no photos, no engineer's reports, no No Claims discount, no bother.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Are you sure she is not quoting you for a whole new years Insurance? ?
No, for an extra 3k they want an additional £266.65.
Correct about not having a vehicle insured by two companies.
No refund as the limited mileage has mostly been done.
Pictures sent in of MoHo and mileage on speedo.
While I realise it was my fault by insuring for 5k I just think the cost it totally unjustifiable, even the lass on the phone was embarrassed but it was a case of 'computer says so'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back