Iboost In France Via Bt Or Fon (1 Viewer)

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Rapido 927F, A-class, LHD
Exp
Since 2000
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just a couple of quick screen shots of what to expect in France if connecting to fon hotspots. We have BT in England and connect with one of addies iboost systems, ok it does have a few wires hanging about but it certainly drags the signals in.
On the first page you see go for the connexion fon part and after that you can change language to English. Enter your bt details and then you are connected.
Happy surfing.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Believe it or not but I actually got this sign in thing come up on my phone last week after three years of trying to connect to fon, and lo and behold it actually connected for about five minutes then went off, tried it again and it said I couldn't connect because I had too many devices connected:( don't know what it ment as I had only got my phone with me(n).
I know some of you use fon and are happy with it, but it just won't work for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
View attachment 68538 View attachment 68539 View attachment 68540 View attachment 68541
Just a couple of quick screen shots of what to expect in France if connecting to fon hotspots. We have BT in England and connect with one of addies iboost systems, ok it does have a few wires hanging about but it certainly drags the signals in.
On the first page you see go for the connexion fon part and after that you can change language to English. Enter your bt details and then you are connected.
Happy surfing.
have been doing a little reading on the subject of mobile wifr and thinking of trying an iboost, and joining FON..
I had read that logging on in Europe could be problematic so have found your post helpful ..
is the log in box the one I have marked with a green x in the shot ive attached..thanks for your post and help.
andy..
fon.png

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Believe it or not but I actually got this sign in thing come up on my phone last week after three years of trying to connect to fon, and lo and behold it actually connected for about five minutes then went off, tried it again and it said I couldn't connect because I had too many devices connected:( don't know what it ment as I had only got my phone with me(n).
I know some of you use fon and are happy with it, but it just won't work for me.
have you tried ringing adam and sophie at motorhome wifi. .(0113 815 1120)..they are very helpful ..
andy

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
have you tried ringing adam and sophie at motorhome wifi. .(0113 815 1120)..they are very helpful ..
andy
I haven't rang them but we have had many threads running on here about it, and I have followed his instructions to the letter many times, and have got to the point now where I just can't be bothered with it as there is usually plenty free wifi about that does work , but this one time last week fon came at the top of my wifi options so gave it another try and that was farther than I have ever been with it in as I say three years.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Without using an aerial to amplify the signal your phone would need to be right on top of the FON spot to successfully connect and stay connected.
Just because a FON spot is visible in your wifi settings is no surety that it will connect .
The best way is using a hub and antenna system as sold by Adam.
I have four devices connected as I type

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Without using an aerial to amplify the signal your phone would need to be right on top of the FON spot to successfully connect and stay connected.
Just because a FON spot is visible in your wifi settings is no surety that it will connect .
The best way is using a hub and antenna system as sold by Adam.
I have four devices connected as I type
Quite agree, just saying what I found

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have got a O2 sim in my phone, and although it cost £1.99 a day, it never failed to get a connection anywhere, well happy with it, even in Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg, where Julie's three wouldn't work on feel at home.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Tried mine at Gravelines last week, picked up a few signals including the marina's but they were all around the -80 value. Did pick up one SFR signal but couldn't connect via Fon.
Picked up the site wifi in Valkenberg and Vianden and shared it with our friends ok.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Tried mine at Gravelines last week, picked up a few signals including the marina's but they were all around the -80 value. Did pick up one SFR signal but couldn't connect via Fon.
Picked up the site wifi in Valkenberg and Vianden and shared it with our friends ok.
Last year while parked at Grand Forte Philipe I picked up FON from across the estuary just with my iPad alone.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well that's strange as well then because I can use the marina wifi no bother, all my devices remembers the login and I can be up and running a couple of minutes from parking up, but I haven't got any special Aerial

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Well that's strange as well then because I can use the marina wifi no bother, all my devices remembers the login and I can be up and running a couple of minutes from parking up, but I haven't got any special Aerial

Didn't try connecting to the marina's wifi as I didn't have the log in details, how do you obtain them ?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Didn't try connecting to the marina's wifi as I didn't have the log in details, how do you obtain them ?
Pretty much like fon, when you go to any web page a connection page comes up, if you haven't got the details, you put your email address in and they send you an email with a password, your email works on their thing somehow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back