All Change !!!! (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sat in the MH in the car park of the Tunnel waiting to board, en route to Dordogne. Mrs C spots an article in her ladies mag about Provence. A moment later and all our plans for the next 3 weeks are changed in an instant
Would appreciate any suggestion for where to visit to see lavender
Thanks very much !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It will hot down in Provence and I have a sneaking suspicion the lavender will be over by the time you get there but I could well be wrong. You will have to go and have a look! I took the picture below in October and you can see the lavender has been harvested. This was a little west of the village of Puimoisson which is in turn a little west of the Gorge du Verdon.

IMG_0434__Lavender_fields_and_in_the_distance__Mt_Ventoux_wi

The hill you can see in the distance above is Mt Ventoux, famous TdF challenge and the last resting place so to speak of Tommy Simpson. We cycled up it a few days later and stopped at the Simpson Memorial.

IMAG0090.jpg

Moustiers Sante Marie is in the same area as the lavender but it will knee deep with tourists I fear. We cycled there and stayed overnight so we could walk round it before the tour buses arrived.

MSM-2.jpg

You've got me thinking about Provence now! The full story of our trip can be found here - might give you some ideas where to go. https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=tS&doc_id=9638&v=9z

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Salt, in the foothills of the hills to the east of Orange is wonderful for lavender, the view from the square over to Mount Ventoux is superb!

Take the time to visit Vasion la Romaine a wonderful little town, castle, medieval town, magnificent remains of a Roman town and a super Market on Tuesday's - did I forget to mention the wonderful vineyards as well!

Once you get higher than the wine growing areas you see the lavender fields.

Fantastic light and great food!

Enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Second time lucky perhaps...

It will hot down in Provence and I have a sneaking suspicion the lavender will be over by the time you get there but I could well be wrong. You will have to go and have a look! I took the picture below in October and you can see the lavender has been harvested. This was a little west of the village of Puimoisson which is in turn a little west of the Gorge du Verdon.

1.jpg

The hill you can see in the distance above is Mt Ventoux, famous TdF challenge and the last resting place so to speak of Tommy Simpson. We cycled up it a few days later and stopped at the Simpson Memorial.

2.jpg

Moustiers Sante Marie is in the same area as the lavender but it will knee deep with tourists I fear. We cycled there and stayed overnight so we could walk round it before the tour buses arrived.

3.jpg

You've got me thinking about Provence now! The full story of our trip can be found here - might give you some ideas where to go.https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=tS&doc_id=9638&v=9z

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Presumably English lavender is 'later' than that of Provence... All I can say is that Snowshill in the Cotswolds smelled absolutely heavenly... as I headed for the Manor a couple of days ago.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for all the suggestions guys
We've made it as far as Langres and will make one more stop en route
Apparently the Lavender is in bloom until August so we are arriving just at the right time
Hoping for a great trip

Reactions: DBK

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Sat in the MH in the car park of the Tunnel waiting to board, en route to Dordogne. Mrs C spots an article in her ladies mag about Provence. A moment later and all our plans for the next 3 weeks are changed in an instant
Would appreciate any suggestion for where to visit to see lavender
Thanks very much !
There were fields of it in blossom when we left Provence a few days ago, smelled wonderful. Head for the Luberon area and gordes etc. Also if you're down that way, do not miss Orange !! It has a stunning roman amphitheatre and a church with magnificent decoration. Campsite we used was Camping Manon, just a 10 min bike ride from the threatre etc.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There were fields of it in blossom when we left Provence a few days ago, smelled wonderful. Head for the Luberon area and gordes etc. Also if you're down that way, do not miss Orange !! It has a stunning roman amphitheatre and a church with magnificent decoration. Campsite we used was Camping Manon, just a 10 min bike ride from the threatre etc.
We've just arrived in Viason la Romaine and join the Lavender Route tomorrow. Needless to say it's very hot. But we're having a great time.
We will certainly add Orange to our list of places to visit

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Great aires too we didn't spend anything on sites in Provence and had free water all week and electric at one.
Sault is the place for lavender . Good free aires at domaine bouletin in beaumes de venise and the cave cooperative at chusclan (we went for the wine tour orselves but pulled in the lavender on the way!

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Last edited by a moderator:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Mrs Mental was at a lavender farm in Kent yesterday(team building was the excuse for a jolly up at taxpayers expense:()

have some here if you want:)

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
If you are going to Orange, do go to Avignon, the Palace of the Popes and walking through the the Medieval town is a must.
Th ACSI campsite is a bit basic but walkable into the town centre.

When we were there the world Jetski championship was taking place on the Rhone 50m from the campsite entrance, a great spectical to watch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back