lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well got some good news on Friday after a few time wasters i have now sold the MH for full asking price so pleased with that, they are coming to pick it up in about 2 weeks just gives me time to get it serviced and cleaned out.
I also have to downrate the weight back to 3500KG has anyone done this ( will start a separate thread), we are now in the market for a PVC and currently negotiating with a german dealer for a Globular/Poessel.

I have though thought about get a bespoke one made so does anyone know of any UK companies that do this to a high standard.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hey, congratulations selling your mh.
I can't help you with the downplating thing. But know a man that does a mean, bespoke , quality, panel van conversion ! ;)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hey, congratulations selling your mh.
I can't help you with the downplating thing. But know a man that does a mean, bespoke , quality, panel van conversion ! ;)
If he's up for another one let me know as it was your pics that made me think of getting one done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
:rofl:
You've no chance.....

We're nearly finished though . I took delivery of a huge fiamma awning yesterday. He's fitting that tomorrow , I think.
Once the tanks are underslung and a few more doors made, gas connected , we're off. Regularly on a weekend again. At last. We've sooo missed getting out and about.
I wouldn't let him do another for anyone , unless he was retired. He puts his all into it. Literally. Too much when working full time with your own business .
Have you thought about doing it yourself ?

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Glad to hear he's nearly finished and looking forward to seeing it some day.

Bev i am a half decent DIY person but i could easily turn a 20k van into a 10k one with my handy work, i would attempt certain things but i know my limitations. Im ok with jobs that get hiding like wiring and plumbing but useless when it comes to tidy stuff.
We will probably by one as the price we are getting in Germany is over 10k cheaper than hear, for example i called a dealer in UK this morning who has an 8 month old van for sale and his best price is 4k more than a new one with loads higher spec.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Good luck with your PVC search. We couldn't find one that ticked all the boxes, and they certainly aren't cheap. When you start to add all the extras you want. Your in a great position having sold your Motorhome now though. We're up your way for 10 days ( Moffat) for the new year again. We could meet up with you and have a PVC mini meet.
Ooo er missis ! ;)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thats sounds like fun a PVC meet :D. Don't just wait until new year loads of lovely wild spots round here.

We think we have it down to a couple of vans now just depending on the deal we can get, we like the Globular/Possel Roadcruiser or the 2Win Style. Still deciding on LHD or RHD I'm not really that bother to be honest so all will be down to price and availability

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Love the globecar/possl PVCs - great choice.

I have noticed that you can currently buy Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen vans with 'all the toys' at a huge discounts, so self conversion might be a good call...

I can't recommend a convertor but would be interested to hear how you get on, should you choose that route (y)

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Having just purchased in Germany can't recommend enough. Especially with the euro at the moment

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Wait a few weeks and a nice newly converted Relay may be up for sale :LOL:If I like Paul's layout better than mine it will be going and I will use his van until a new one is done for me :)Or I won't be going to any meets until it's finished (y)This relay is just dragging on to long -We lost weekends with me going away and now been over 3 weeks just waiting for the doors edge-binding -may well go knock in edging route because I am well p-----d off :(
terry

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Well got some good news on Friday after a few time wasters i have now sold the MH for full asking price so pleased with that, they are coming to pick it up in about 2 weeks just gives me time to get it serviced and cleaned out.
I also have to downrate the weight back to 3500KG has anyone done this ( will start a separate thread), we are now in the market for a PVC and currently negotiating with a german dealer for a Globular/Poessel.

I have though thought about get a bespoke one made so does anyone know of any UK companies that do this to a high standard.
Might be worth a PM to judgemental, he's always on about buying/purchased above from Germany and seems very clued up on the range and importing

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes been pestering judgemental for a while now and he's been a great help, I know it seems easy for him but it's a big step for us and makes it a lot easier with some one to hold your hand.

We have virtually decided on the van and layout we want and have emailed judgemental so personal assistant in Germany with the extras we would like so just waiting on a reply and we'll head over for a few days.
This is the van we like. Broken Link Removed. We are looking for a fully winterised van as we use it all year and it's been know to get cold up here.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes been pestering judgemental for a while now and he's been a great help, I know it seems easy for him but it's a big step for us and makes it a lot easier with some one to hold your hand.

We have virtually decided on the van and layout we want and have emailed judgemental so personal assistant in Germany with the extras we would like so just waiting on a reply and we'll head over for a few days.
This is the van we like. Broken Link Removed. We are looking for a fully winterised van as we use it all year and it's been know to get cold up here.

that would be my pick as well, but while they are generally good for winter use.One of the only winterized panel vans (with double floors - still external tanks though) that I know of are from La Strada. probably my favorite panel van. nearly got one last year but could not squeeze a deal. it was like going into a Rolls Royce showroom with pound notes asking for a discount such was my reception:LOL:

edit: I must say that anyone looking at year round, four season camping will do better and be more snug with something other then a panel van conversion in my opinion...

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

@Terry is the man you need, high quality made to measure exactly the way you want it no messing.
a number of satisfied funsters already have one.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
that would be my pick as well, but while they are generally good for winter use.One of the only winterized panel vans (with double floors - still external tanks though) that I know of are from La Strada. probably my favorite panel van. nearly got one last year but could not squeeze a deal. it was like going into a Rolls Royce showroom with pound notes asking for a discount such was my reception:LOL:

edit: I must say that anyone looking at year round, four season camping will do better and be more snug with something other then a panel van conversion in my opinion...

I understand where your coming from but we're not talking Alps winter just the normal Scottish ones and we have used this van all winter no problem and it's a lot bigger so harder to heat, we also used our Elddis before this one and stayed in temps down to -15 with virtually no winterising. So I'm sure we will be fine for what we want in this.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@Terry is the man you need, high quality made to measure exactly the way you want it no messing.
a number of satisfied funsters already have one.
I have heard of Terry's conventions and so far only good words so if Terry is reading this and would like to show some pics feel free.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
http://terryshbautocampers.co.uk/
Also look at my threads -I usually post pics as we go along ---My latest Relay conversion has everything that went good and bad /changed simply because it's my own and kept changing my mind OR THINGS DID NOT LOOK RIGHT :Dstill waiting for my doors but also started on Paul's self build boxer van -again pics as we go along :)
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back