Motorhoming Is Going To Be So Much Fun...... (1 Viewer)

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
I've just watched a bit of A Place in the Sun and had a satisfying little sigh to myself that we don't need to own a villa/apartment or whatever because we can go to any of those places featured and move on somewhere else exciting when we're done! No disappointment about not being able to find or afford a place that has got a sea view or whatever, we can find our own view and just turn the engine off for a while!

Not knocking anyone who has either of those things (we have owned a Florida villa and a static caravan in Wales for 6 and 10 years respectively but sold them both in the last 3 years because of the flexibility and appeal of motorhoming). Both of them were fantastic for the first 6 visits or so, then we started to think of what we were missing out on by going to the same 2 places for every holiday.

10 days till we pick our motorhome up (been delayed by a couple of days, I can't wait till we start finding lovely places to visit.....

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi from Devon
As they say home is where you park it .
animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Could not agree more, and we have a holiday home.

Prior to buying it we had been Motorhoming for 15 years but sold the M/H to finance the purchase. Nine years later we could afford to start Motorhoming again and leaped straight back in.

Never regretted the cost etc. although I would prefer a few less rattles on bad roads, (the only kind we have around here). Still, it's fun trying to identify where the rattles come from and eradicate them them one by one.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Never regretted the cost etc. although I would prefer a few less rattles on bad roads, (the only kind we have around here). Still, it's fun trying to identify where the rattles come from and eradicate them them one by one.;)
Put the radio up a bit, no rattles (y)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I've just watched a bit of A Place in the Sun and had a satisfying little sigh to myself that we don't need to own a villa/apartment or whatever because we can go to any of those places featured and move on somewhere else exciting when we're done! No disappointment about not being able to find or afford a place that has got a sea view or whatever, we can find our own view and just turn the engine off for a while!

Not knocking anyone who has either of those things (we have owned a Florida villa and a static caravan in Wales for 6 and 10 years respectively but sold them both in the last 3 years because of the flexibility and appeal of motorhoming). Both of them were fantastic for the first 6 visits or so, then we started to think of what we were missing out on by going to the same 2 places for every holiday.

10 days till we pick our motorhome up (been delayed by a couple of days, I can't wait till we start finding lovely places to visit.....
ENJOY YOUR TRAVELS

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

I agree, we like to move around too much - short attention span I suppose. But some folk are happy to stay in the same place and enjoy the social life, assuming you are in a place where there is a community you can meet and talk to. Buying somewhere rèmote has its attractions too but you need to be pretty self-sufficient mentally if there is no one else around day after day.

I met an American living in the Gorge de Nesque once. His nearest neighbour was 3km away, on the other side of the Gorge and he loved it, especially when they were cut off by snow. They had no electricity either.

Being a softie I prefer the MH!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I met an American living in the Gorge de Nesque once. His nearest neighbour was 3km away, on the other side of the Gorge and he loved it, especially when they were cut off by snow. They had no electricity either.

Being a softie I prefer the MH!

one of our relations parents live in a thatched cottage. no modern conveniences whatsoever. They either shun the modern world or are extremely tight!lol. Certainly takes all sorts!

reading elsewhere today someone has bought a van they cant drive as its over 3500kg. it pays to not get carried way when looking at these big shinny boxes on wheels...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back