Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
After 9 weeks away we are fed up with all the dust/sand/French breadcrumbs that accumulates around in the corners of our van and fed up with brushing out every day. Can anyone suggest a small compact lightweight handheld mains vacuum (not a Dyson) that you have found to work well? Needs to have a pipe attachment.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
As my wife has just vacuum the van before we set of to Bradford I thought I have a look myself.
This looks the likeliest but that's a lot of money instead of 5 minutes with a brush and shovel ---- even if I had to do it!!!!

Broken Link Removed

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
We have got a Ewbank Chilli 1000w vacuum through Amazon it can be used as an upright or stripped down to a hand held, very easy to store, remarkably powerful and has a good selection of tools. Very impressed and comes with excellent reviews from Amazon customers, best of all it is great VFM.

Tim

Reactions: SMB
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

Deleted User
We have one of these, 3 dogs, works great, but does need mains electric to recharge. Brush and hose, washable filter. Black and Decker dustbuster. Very compact.

Lin :)
FB_20150630_18_16_35_Saved_Picture.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Thanks for your replies so far - keep them coming as they are really helpful. We will check out the Gtech when we get home as that looks good Nicknic

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
After 9 weeks away we are fed up with all the dust/sand/French breadcrumbs that accumulates around in the corners of our van and fed up with brushing out every day. Can anyone suggest a small compact lightweight handheld mains vacuum (not a Dyson) that you have found to work well? Needs to have a pipe attachment.
Why not a dyson battery cleaner? We are very happy with ours. (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
We have a handheld 12v plug in Lidl bought around 3 years ago still going strong £9.99 loads of attachments including ext pipe ideal for daily use ,works for us

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Looking at one of these when I get back, mind the Gtech looks canny, if a tad expensive for a pensioner like me! Hope you get baok ok from France, if the French team play rugby anywhere near as well as they perform strikes everyone else need not bother turning up for the World Cup...

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Not the answer to your question but might be useful to someone...

We've tried several small vacuum cleaners and not got on with any in the van so back to using a dustpan and brush and a small ( toy ) brush with a long handle that is exactly like a reduced size broom. I don' t sweep every day but then am a slovenly soul.

What I find really useful however is a 1 inch wide paintbrush- part of a Poundland set- which is very useful indeed for fetching the dirt out of awkward places between furniture units, in the shower room and around bed and table legs.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm watching this thread avidly and I remember those dust busters.. would be perfect.. although I bet if they still made them they would be expensive.

I want to run a small Hoover off the inverter for the same reasons and so need it to be small and low powered but those handheld really don't so it for me..

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
A Hoover is a 'Hoover'........... not a Dyson.....not a Dirt Devil......:p;)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We bought a similar device as the Dirt Devil, from Lakeland Plastics,love it. Will post the name tomorrow as it is in the m/h. and if i go out now it's dark,the growler will want to come,then she will pick her skirt up and race off to meet "Freddy Fox!!" and that will be me waiting up till the small hours waiting for her return........TART!! HUSSEY!!!
Tea Bag.
PS. How did she pick up Portuguese so quickly ? Do you think that if i went out after dark on my own and roamed around.......... LOL!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I want to run a small Hoover off the inverter for the same reasons and so need it to be small and low powered but those handheld really don't so it for me..

you wouldn't be disappointed with a Dirt Devil Handy Zip .. it is like a small 'Hoover' .. complete with roller beating brushes... some come with a hose and set of tools.. and will run off a 200watt inverter ..

Only downside is it has no disposable paper bag, so the cloth one has to be emptied and washed occasionally.. probably why it went out of fashion..

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Jim we have one of those little vacuums, pretty good they are too you can get paper bags for them if you so wish we get ours from local market.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Just bought the Black and Decker Pad1200. Its a 12 volt corded model and it's very good. Probably quite a hig amperage drain on the battery when used but a good little vacuum for less than £30 from Amazon.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We have Gtech upright - brilliant and I got the handheld Gtech at the same time for the camper, BUT, for me it aint as good as the hand held Dyson so its the Dyson that lives in the camper

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I have a little hand held Dyson - its great.... at least I think so!;)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Re my first post. The device we bought from Lakeland Plastics,is a hand held. Home Tek "Hunter". Works ok for me,and is magic with DOG FUR !! Has roller action,then operate a shutter and use the nozzle.
Tea Bag

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Saw this thread earlier, and have just returned from Argos with a Dyson DC35, absolutely brilliant piece of kit, hoovered my lounge with it and it picked up stuff that the corded (and quite old) dyson didn't!

On offer at the moment at an eye watering £199.99

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I've got a little hand held............. it's great ;):ROFLMAO:

Err......wait a minute.......are we still talking about Hoovers? or Vacuum cleaners? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back