Confirmation Eu Roaming Charges To Be Scrapped In 2017 (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Better late then never! Although Three not available everywhere througout Europe it covers the countries we spend most time in already

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's good news but I am not counting on it happening until it actually does. Much of the industry seems determined to keep the charges. Of course if the UK leaves the EU expect the charges to be hiked for us!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What happens if UK leaves the EU?
Maybe this will make people think twice before voting to leave?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Only a small percentage of the population go abroad. I think the immigration issue affects more people. However I do believe we will chicken out at the last minute like Scotland did in their Referendum. People tend to take the safer option.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
On TV news it said that Companies would be allowed to increase their standard fees for a fourteen month lead in period, prior to the reduction in roaming charges, in order to reduce their losses.

Big business always runs rings around Politicians in such matters.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

the irony being if we do leave (which I dont think will happen as the majority not that daft). the borders will be moved UK side so the french will just wave them through!lol and leave us to deal with the inflow..... some don't think this through . Better get an allotment or dig up the lawn and become self sufficient or be prepared to go without. Live if a flat? tough:LOL:

Reactions: DBK
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's not before time, I can visit Australia and get stay at home costs on my mobile including my call allowance, yet in Holland recently I was 18.8p/min !

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I find it really sad that someone can decide on such an important issue as leaving or staying in Europe on the outcome of a mobile phone roaming charge change.
I wasn't referring to myself of course !
I'd base my decision on much more important criteria
I can imagine it would be a major consideration for the millions of young folk who head off to Ibiza every summer

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I find it really sad that someone can decide on such an important issue as leaving or staying in Europe on the outcome of a mobile phone roaming charge change.
Too right, just like the plonker who would vote to stay in a Current EU just so he can tour europe without being stopped at border controls!! he is quite at ease with another 700,00 people migrating here between (2012-2014 ) totally unabated......before the ignorants start ranting, the initial release of those figures were not the media press but were first aired on Sky News.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
the irony being if we do leave (which I dont think will happen as the majority not that daft). the borders will be moved UK side so the french will just wave them through!lol and leave us to deal with the inflow..... some don't think this through . Better get an allotment or dig up the lawn and become self sufficient or be prepared to go without. Live if a flat? tough:LOL:

It couldn't happen as they'd have to have a ticket to travel, They'd have to have a passport & enter details to purchase a ticket, they'd have to be in possession of a visa, they'd also have to be in possession of all the documents on arrival. Otherwise it is straight back. Anyway , legally with an out vote there shouldn't be any channel traffic until all new agreements, if any, are drawn up.
Back to the roamiong. That probably means there 'll be a usable signal in Suffolk & Norfolk after 2017 then ?:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It couldn't happen as they'd have to have a ticket to travel, They'd have to have a passport & enter details to purchase a ticket, they'd have to be in possession of a visa, they'd also have to be in possession of all the documents on arrival. Otherwise it is straight back. Anyway , legally with an out vote there shouldn't be any channel traffic until all new agreements, if any, are drawn up.
Back to the roamiong. That probably means there 'll be a usable signal in Suffolk & Norfolk after 2017 then ?:)

Ha ha ha....what are you on about....they would just continue to do what they do now!lol

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Young folk overwhelmingly support staying in the EU anyway. Unlikely to make a difference to them.

probably because they are better educated and without prejudice?:)
Makes me laugh...we depend on waves of immigration and have done for years, as we stopped training our own young people meaningfully years ago. hence 30% of our doctors migrants. (Germany 5%) even a larger percentage of nurses etc.....

when I left school if you weren't academic you got an apprenticeship, made a decent living and had a future. instead we have east Europeans tradesmen filling that vacuum.....While our own generations of feckless scroungers are voting ukip...Oh Lord the irony!:D

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years

Remember the old commonwealth... didn't Australia and New Zealand go their own way and boy look at them now! We gotta get out of this European debacle :mad:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Remember the old commonwealth... didn't Australia and New Zealand go their own way and boy look at them now! We gotta get out of this European debacle :mad:
I think they were actually forced to look elsewhere as the UK dumped them when joining the common market.
Trouble is that the world is divided up into trading groups/partnerships & there aren't many left on the outside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back