Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
MyFerryLink is a cooperative run by ex Sea France crew and staff, but the vessels are owned by Eurotunnel and leased to MyFerryLink. Our Competition and Markets Authority has ruled that having any single operator controlling more than 50% of the cross-channel infrastructure is not on, so Eurotunnel have been ordered to sell up. DFDS are waiting to acquire 2 of the 3 ships and MyFerryLink is due to close down on 2 July.

Watch this space..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
They need attending to with a big pointy stick!
:swear:
After using it on the idiots from the Competition and Markets Authority (Monopolies Commission) who thought having 2 ferry companies was better for competition than 3 !

trevorf

Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Phew, just got back in time. They were threatening to kick off on Saturday so we arrived 1 1/2 hours early at Calais but found no problem then.

Trevor

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
MyFerrylink their home page suggests sailings OK until after the 2nd July. Guess who hopes to travel home on Myferrylink 2nd July:cautious:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The word is that DFDS will honour any myferrylink bookings

BUT the other word is they are not... Someone on Facebook group just had a refund off My ferry and told to book elsewhere.. Anyone booked after 2nd July had been check and make certain. I did hear of some busy dates already being sold out..

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Crossing or not crossing tomorrow from Calais with P&O, My ferry are transferring bookings to Chunnel, DFDS are advising booked units to go to Dunkirk. We is stuck until it clears. Have pulled on to campsite until the morning, have internet to keep track on the updates.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Crossing or not crossing tomorrow from Calais with P&O, My ferry are transferring bookings to Chunnel, DFDS are advising booked units to go to Dunkirk. We is stuck until it clears. Have pulled on to campsite until the morning, have internet to keep track on the updates.
Thought you were already in the UKm ?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

What would we do without the internet? It is the best thing since sliced bread.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
My sister and her husband just messaged me, stuck in Calais should have crossed today. They are not sure if it will be tomorrow or not. Unfortunately they are towing a caravan so not sure what their options are.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well appears that Calais is still closed. Have managed to buy a ticket with DFDS tomorrow morning 6 a.m. from Dunkirk. Will keep you informed of the situation, suppose there will be a knock-on effect there due to increased traffic.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
The Kent Messenger is reporting that operation stack will be in place on the M20 until Thursday & possibly even longer so leave plenty of time for your journeys to Eurotunnel/Dover port

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Oh bubble nuts, we are (supposed) travelling P&O to Calais very late Thursday night(fri 0420) Don't think they do Dunkirk?

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Oh bubble nuts, we are (supposed) travelling P&O to Calais very late Thursday night(fri 0420) Don't think they do Dunkirk?
No, they don't go to Dunkirk - just leave plenty of time to get down here and check before you leave. It may be better by Friday morning

P&O Ferries Updates @POferriesupdate
2 of 2 [CALAIS] We advise that all non-essential travel booked for today should be rebooked for a later date, by calling us on 01304 448877.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hope this helps anyone travelling real soon.

I have just spoken to a P&O Operator and she informs me that they have been transferring people across to DFDS to go to Dunkirk or even another ferry company that was going to a place I did not recognise, but she says it is only about 30 miles away from Calais. She suggested that anyone travelling with them (or I guess any other company) to arrive early. It may be a possibility that the french police will remove the blockades over in Calais and re-open the port. Her advise to me was also to ring them the afternoon of our travels (if calais was still closed) to see what the position was with them. As I asked of the possibility of being transferred to Hull/Zeebrugge?

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I was booked with direct ferries on 14th July from Calais to Dover, received an email saying I could have a full refund or rearrange my crossing with P&O for 10% discount on their current price. Booking cancelled and made a booking from Dunkirk with DFDS instead.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
news this Tuesday morning on BBC radio is that no Calais ferries just Dunkirk and operation stack in place

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just driven past the port and there are thousands of trucks queuing for both the tunnel and the ferry. Check with your operator what the situation is. Now on the aire at Gravelines waiting for our 6 a.m. crossing!!!

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
This might be a good time to bite the bullet and close Calais down for a period, It will make the Mayor of Calais get off his Arse and stop passing the blame on to the UK for the Mess his lackadaisical calculated incompetent office has allowed the Illegal immigrant fiasco blossom into. I won't even bother to comment on the French Customs and Border Controls, and the police's typical "efforts" to control the growing Illegal immigrant population, (think yourselves lucky you are an Island) This is twice in a month disruption has caused chaos at Calais and the season has only just begun!! Close Calais for a month and I bet the Illegal immigrant population will decrease dramatically, and should they eventually pop up elsewhere in France they will be dealt with differently.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I hope this all gets sorted, we are due to sail on the 22nd. Seriously considering booking a different route now.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
today and last weeks events due to French industrial action? the immigrant situation just a side show, taking advantage of the ques. they are not the cause...Any excuse for a rant eh..lets try and keep it factual to assist travellers

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
today and last weeks events due to French industrial action? the immigrant situation just a side show, taking advantage of the ques. they are not the cause...Any excuse for a rant eh..lets try and keep it factual to assist travellers

All the problems at Calais are FACTUAL and of Interest to Travelers, as the Travelers are the ones that get the short end. If you think an onslaught of marauding Illegal Immigrants hell bent on stowing away on your vehicle is a side show, then I'll treat the rest of your post as irrelevant. I should point out that I travel Regularly to the UK and keep up with the French attitude to the Chaos at Calais. What you call "Any excuse for a rant eh", is MY well informed, and experienced OPINION, which I would ask you to respect.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
This might be a good time to bite the bullet and close Calais down for a period, It will make the Mayor of Calais get off his Arse and stop passing the blame on to the UK for the Mess his lackadaisical calculated incompetent office has allowed the Illegal immigrant fiasco blossom into. I won't even bother to comment on the French Customs and Border Controls, and the police's typical "efforts" to control the growing Illegal immigrant population, (think yourselves lucky you are an Island) This is twice in a month disruption has caused chaos at Calais and the season has only just begun!! Close Calais for a month and I bet the Illegal immigrant population will decrease dramatically, and should they eventually pop up elsewhere in France they will be dealt with differently.

Couldn't agree more. (y)
Also get the UK used to an out vote .:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back