Tour De France Anybody Else Going? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We are off to the TDF next Sunday and heading for the finish of the Stage 4 on Tuesday 7 July, then shooting down South, to the Pyrenees. As they are there four days we hope to see a couple of stages one on Tuesday 14 July Stage10 and most importantly on Stage 11 on Wednesday 15th July, on one of the hardest mountains Col du Tourmalet .

Any more "funsters" going? If not look out for our Devon Flag sorry we have no "funsters" flag.

colyboy

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Yes were hoping to get down to see stage 10 & 11 if I can get away from home on the Friday 10th early enough , only have 10 days to travel from Scotland and back .
Hoping to get down to Pau area by Sunday evening

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
hi to u both i will be travelling down dover --calias crossing on the 10 th to be on the tourmalet for the 15th i dont expect to get onto mountain with motorhome as experience has taught me the police usually close the road to motorhomes and larger vehicles three days before the race is due through that is why i have a scooter i normally park as near to the base as possible and go up with cyclists on the morning of the race no problem system has worked well for the last 25 years anyway will keep an eye open for you both my van is a 1996 fiat with a swift royalle 610 lwb body.look forward to the trip hope we meet up although highly unlikely as their are thousands of motorhomes enroute. never the less enjoy your trip. jt (adventure before dementia)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
hi to u both i will be travelling down dover --calias crossing on the 10 th to be on the tourmalet for the 15th i dont expect to get onto mountain with motorhome as experience has taught me the police usually close the road to motorhomes and larger vehicles three days before the race is due through that is why i have a scooter i normally park as near to the base as possible and go up with cyclists on the morning of the race no problem system has worked well for the last 25 years anyway will keep an eye open for you both my van is a 1996 fiat with a swift royalle 610 lwb body.look forward to the trip hope we meet up although highly unlikely as their are thousands of motorhomes enroute. never the less enjoy your trip. jt (adventure before dementia)

Jaytee we are hoping to watch stage 10 Tuesday 14th which finishes at La Pierre Saint-Martin and were hoping to wildcamp somewhere on the route preferably near the finish .
I'm told that to find a good spot you need to be there days in advance , were hoping to go there on the Sunday 12th or would that be to late

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
hi foghorn leghorn noting that the BIG stage is the following day you may get lucky and find parking not to difficult as the vast majority of motor homes will have made their way to the tourmalet or aspin so you may find parking available near the base of the climb up to st martin. if you have bikes then you will be allowed to go up the climb the morning of the race of course you could try the 2AM middle of the night approach and you might get all the way to st martin thats another tea shirt ive got it depends on how well the route is policed. if you get to st martin in the afternoon just walk down the route for a kilometer and you will get the whole package either way good luck and enjoy its a fantastic experience jt.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We are off to the TDF next Sunday and heading for the finish of the Stage 4 on Tuesday 7 July, then shooting down South, to the Pyrenees. As they are there four days we hope to see a couple of stages one on Tuesday 14 July Stage10 and most importantly on Stage 11 on Wednesday 15th July, on one of the hardest mountains Col du Tourmalet .

Any more "funsters" going? If not look out for our Devon Flag sorry we have no "funsters" flag.

colyboy

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013

colyboy
Hi, ye we are planning a tdf trip leaving the UK on 7th returning first week in August. Hoping to see stages 5,6,11,( the tourmalet ) also 18,19,20 if we can some or part of. See if we can meet up somewhere once we get underway. Tim.

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
We are hopefully crossing on the tunnel on the 11th and plan to watch stages 11 and 12. We did this 2 years ago but with a tent so this year with MH will be a luxury!

We will have an Everton fc flag and a wooly backs mountain bike club banner on our Sea Sharky if you see us.

Jen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back