Taking Motorhome to the Channel islands (1 Viewer)

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi i hope i am posting in the correct place. I have been trying to book a Motorhome to Jersey or any of the islands, without any luck. Also i do not see any threads on camping in the islands. Are Motorhomes allowed to visit there.:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Link Removed

Visiting caravans and motorhomes can be driven on the roads subject to a permit and are restricted to one journey to, and one journey from, the campsite to the port. Caravans must remain on the designated site for the period of the permit.

Special dispensation has been given allowing motorhomes to circulate on the Island on a daily basis but MUST return to the designated campsite each night. (Drivers should be aware that many of Jersey's roads are narrow and may have limited access).

Cars used for towing caravans may be used in the normal way on the Island's roads.
Duration of stay

Maximum of one month per caravan/motorhome.
Type of Unit/Size - Width

Towed caravan including the towing vehicle or motorhome 2.3 m (this includes any fitting on or attached to the vehicle but excludes mirrors and indicators).
Length

* Caravan - 6.7 m (excluding the means of attachment to the towing vehicle).
* Motorhome - 9.3 m
* Combination - Caravan and towing vehicle 16.50 m (to include any projection to the front or rear of the vehicle).

Display of Permit

The permit must be displayed in the window of the unit clearly showing the dates for which the permit is valid.
Ownership/Insurance

Full third party insurance must be in force for the full duration of the stay and documents proving ownership must be carried.
Sewage

N.B Jersey campsites do not currently have 'Drive Over' drains for blackwater sewage
Process

* The visitor contacts the site of their choice.
* The campsite proprietor takes full details of booking on the approved form.
* The campsite proprietor or approved agent makes the reservation with the sea carrier.
* The confirmed booking detail is sent to Jersey Tourism.
* The official authority issues a permit in triplicate which is then returned to the campsite proprietor.
* The campsite proprietor sends full details to the visitor with 2 copies of the permit. Keeping one for their own records.
* One copy of the permit will be given to the carrier at time of departure, one document is kept in full display in the window of the unit.

There are regulations governing caravan entry and length of stay. Three campsites can accommodate caravans, these are Rose Farm, Rozel Camping Park and Beuvelande Campsite.

Caravan owners who wish to visit the Island should make their arrangements directly with the campsite of their choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Thanks Scotjimland for your information on the Channel islands. It seems like a lot of hassle to visit the islands, So we will stick to mainland Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I agree John, a nice wee cruise from Newcastle to Amsterdam is a good way to start your holiday.
(Won't suit those living down South though, but great for Northeners.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back