Rally Adventure Overland Show ---Stratford-Upon-Avon 2015 (1 Viewer)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We will have a meet at this great show again in 2015-----as with the last show, you MUST call the organiser--Tom McGuigan to receive the terrific discount that we have negotiated, their online booking does not recognise it-------02476 731971/07958 216266-----you MUST tell him that you are with Motorhome Fun.
WWW.AdventureOverlandShow.com for more info.
Sept.26/27 2015-----camping price includes fri/sat/sun nights

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Marked in diary, so thanks. What is the discount/price this time?

For anyone interested, it was an excellent show and the company was great (even for us rally avoiders lol!)

Hope to see the same and some new faces there

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We'll be there, with the finger biter
Taking orders for bacon butties ...... get in early :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Thought it was your thumb, Merle :)

Put me down for two bacon butties matey!

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Nice thing about this adventure overland show is that its similar but different to the motorhome shows. And, by September I'm happy to go to something different. Last year was a real hoot!

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years

For anyone interested, it was an excellent show and the company was great (even for us rally avoiders lol!)

I believe the same discount as last year--really good for us---but if you need to know now, call Tom Mc. (the organiser)-----Maybe Merle Knows ???------
Our whole year (this AND last) have been dictated by hospital appointments---BUT ----it looks very likely that we will attend again this year(y)(y)(y):):):)
Nigel & Pamala

Reactions: BwB

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Folks
It's official, that nice man who runs the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford on Avon has kindly agreed to our having a huge discount on the usual rates for cracking show and camping. Last year saw members from Motorhomefun enjoy a fantastic get together so how about making it even better this year.
On your behalf Sundowners have negotiated a huge discount meaning that camping from 9.00 am on Friday 25th to 12.00 noon on Monday 28th September plus unrestricted entry into the show area on Friday and Saturday is only £35.00, for 2 adults. No extra charges for awnings dogs extra cars etc. Please note no electric hook-ups available on the show camping pitches. It will be possible to camp from mid day 21st September through to Friday am for an additional £10.00 per unit.
We have also simplified the booking procedure this year, simply contact me either via a pm on here, or text or telephone me on 07 586 046 306 for your booking form
Dave

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I forgot to say that those wishing to arrive on the pre-show days may do so at an additional charge of £10.00 per unit per night, payable in cash at the venue on arrival. Earliest arrival time will be 10am Monday 21st September but you may be asked to pitch on a spot other than that you will have for the rest of the meet, this due to the fact that the earliest we can begin setting up is the same time.
Please either pm me on here, call or text me on 07 586 046 306, or email:- aoclubmeeting@btinternet.com
Dave

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We'll have a meet at this great show again in 2015-----as with the last show, you MUST call the organiser--Tom McGuigan to receive the terrific discount that we have negotiated, their online booking does not recognise it-------02476 731971/07958 216266-----you MUST tell him that you are with Motorhome Fun.
WWW.AdventureOverlandShow.com for more info.
Sept.26/27 2015-----camping price includes fri/sat/sun nights
Please read my responses on here, booking this year is via me as Tom has enough to do organizing the show. All other ticket sales are via an agency, as he has allowed us such a generous discount the least we could do was handle our own bookings. So please contact me for your booking forms either by a message on here, text or call 07 586 046 306 or email:- aoclubmeet@btinternet.com
Thanks Dave

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Dave, please put me down for the show, and I will send a cheque of to you soon,, also sent email for the booking form, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Garry if it's half as good as last year it'll be great, and hopefully it'll be twice as good :) So come on folks don't be shy come to THE meet of the year, the kettle's always on and the biscuit box to hand
Dave

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008

Hi activecampers
I will send you a booking form if you let me have your email address
Either pm me, email to aoclubmeet@btinternet.com or 07 586 046 306
We have the same great discount as last year bring the cost down to just £35.00 for 3 nights camping and 2 days show entry plus as last year that all important bottomless coffee and tea pot
Dave

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW ANNUAL MEET
25th to 27th September 2015
PROGRAMME
FRIDAY:
Main arrival day – after settling in, get together in our marquee
around 8:00 pm.
SATURDAY: 10:30 am onwards, Coffee, cake and chat – bring your own cups
and we’ll supply the tea, coffee, milk and sugar – some cakes will be
provided but a few more would be welcome.
4:00 pm Communal BBQ – BBQ’s will be provided – please bring your
meat, drinks, plates and utensils. There will be a Jacobs/American table,
please bring a savoury dish for all to share – a dessert would be a nice
bonus!!
We will also have a few activities where prizes can be won – this is not
obligatory but will be FUN.
The evening will continue in the marquee.
SUNDAY: 10:30 am Bacon butties along with tea and coffee, to cover costs there
will be a charge of £1:00 per buttie.
For those staying until Monday – get together in the marquee in the
evening.
SALE: If you have anything you wish to sell bring it along, place your ad on the
sale board not forgetting your contact details.
You can sell anything as long as it is legal!! – please note this is solely for
members and is not open to the public.
Nothing in the programme is compulsory you can join the fun or do your
own thing, we want you to enjoy your weekend.
Throughout the weekend we will be running a raffle to help cover the cost
of a black waste dump point solely for our use.
Any questions please ring Merle (Dave) on 07 586 046 306.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Make sure you book that return ferry Nigel I can't manage those shelters on my own ;)

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
OK Guys, this is the list of attendees to date ... sort of
At this stage I don't want to identify those who have or not returned their forms as some are traveling at the moment plus some have said they will probably be there but can not commit yet, and even some who have said they hope to get there but will ask for a booking form once there are sure of their circumstances

sundowners - event arrangers
merle - I guess we best be there as we are in the firing line and marshals
dippingatoe
alaskaguy
coolasluck
aikidoamigo
chrisjjones18
bwb
snail
nomadic
fatima saysell
activecampers
griffs
flatpackchicken

There's room for more don't be shy!

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Merle

We would like to come too. Can you send me a booking form etc. We will probably turn up on Monday/Tuesday.

Karen and Paul

Hi
Could you either pm me or email your email address please as I can't find a way to attach the booking form to a PM.
Or if you prefer text or call 07 586 046 306
email aoclubmeet@gmail.com

Thanks
Dave

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
With apologies there is a new email address for contacting me regarding our get together at the Adventure Overland Show, please either message or PM on here,telephone or text on 07 586 046 306 or email to aoclubmeet@gmail.com

Thanks
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Hi folks! Yes it's me, Event Director and general Dogsbody of the Adventure Overland Show 2015!

Just to let you know, I've moved the Funsters pitch nearer the trade stands/beer tent/toilets & showers this year (but not too near as I know your like your separate area), as it was a fair ol' trek last year. Dave/Nigel & Pamela - I see your line-up's looking good, and if you have half as much fun as last year, then it'll be a memorable weekend ... that's what you can remember after all that wine!!! We've also increased the Seminars room to three times the size of last year. These proved so popular, it was the literally 'standing room only'.

Last but not least, we've launched a new overland/bushcraft show in Germany. I will post about our BOGOF scheme in here, trust that's all right? Okay, with such short notice it may not be relevant for this year, but you never know for 2016. That said, there will be a convoy setting off this year from Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse on the morning of Tuesday 29th September 2015 heading off to Vethem in Northwest Germany - just type Vethem 58 into Google Maps to see location of the venue. We will travel via a great town called Valkenburg in Holland (it's famous for being the 'only hill in Holland'), where we can camp overnight, so if anyone fancies joining us, then you're more than welcome. We'll all have hand-held radios on board which I'll supply, so no problem with communication en route. Bit of banter on the road always make the journey more palatable!

Cheers for now,

Tom Mc

ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW… world travel show
outdoor event featuring 4x4s ~ adventure bikes ~ expedition trucks ~ bushcraft

26-27 September 2015

Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse

Warwickshire

CV37 9SE

England

BOGOF - Buy One Get One Free

traders/campers attending Adventure Overland Show, England

can also attend Adventure Northside, Germany - free of charge!

www.adventureoverlandshow.com

ADVENTURE NORTHSIDE… travel and survival worldwide
outdoor event featuring 4x4s ~ adventure bikes ~ expedition trucks ~ bushcraft & survival

2-4 October 2015

Abenteuerland Nawala

Vethem 58

Nr. Walsrode

Lower Saxony

NW Germany

BOGOF - Buy One Get One Free

traders/campers attending Adventure Northside, Germany

can also attend Adventure Overland Show, England - free of charge!

www.adventure-northside.com

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for confirming the bogoff for our members Tom and yes if this year is anywhere near as good as last we will have a ball :)
Ps .... not too close to the beer tent please ... we dont wat to give Nigel too many excuses :) :)

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Folks
This screen sticker will be available at the show
Stops Frequently.jpg
As will this double sided flyer
BOGOF.jpg
I will try and get copies to all those who have booked before the event if I can.
Don't forget to record your mileage traveling to the meet as there is a prize for the furthest traveled plus much more.
It's not too late to be booking for this annual get together with a difference, great fun and plenty of laughs, don't miss the chance to meet fellow forum members (y)
Dave (merle)

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Screen sticker??? It's a back window sticker, or at least somewhere at the back. I don't know, you can lead a horse to water ...

For those interested in the seminars, we've tripled the seating capacity this year - it wasn't just standing room only last time around, they were four deep in and outside the exits!

I have also started listing the speakers on the newly revamped website. Ooooooo!!!!! See the "Been There, Done It " Seminar Sessions

Flyers on their way Dave, via snail mail so could take some time. Ta!

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
OK I got it wrong :) :) :)
Bumper sticker, rear end sticker, .... cor some folk are never happy :)
By whatever name or description thanks for them Tom
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Rear end sticker? They're for the vehicles, not for personal use!!! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.