Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
At home on normal TV ours comes up with turksat, hot bird etc, are they all locked channels or is any sport ones free ? I know the language will not be English. Just when I scroll down they all seem to have a dollar sign or locked.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Unless you have a dish that physically moves and turns then you wont get anything..
I would assume you just have a fixed dish on Astra 28, the list of other satellites is there in case you want to use the receiver for reception from those when a dish is pointing in the correct direction..
The locked / dollar sign would indicate they are not free anyway..

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If amongst the signals available you can get some German and Austrian sites, sports like Motor racing (are their other sports?) is available free.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It's an old dish from the people who lived here before. Used to get euro sport till it went somewhere else. Now it's foreign stations on it. I will try at different times but never found anything I understand, found old TV programs one time with sub titles.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Make a note of some of the channels you are getting and then compare on a site like Lyngsat.com
That way you might identify what satellite the dish is pointing at..
Hotbird 13 or Astra 19 would be the most common....

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
"Hot bird"? Really? On Satellite? Sounds very dodgy to me!! ;)

On a different, and more respectable note - our MH came with an Oyster motorised dish on the roof and a Sky box, all wasted on us really as we hardly use the telly. However, on the rare occasions we do, it's frustrating that the Sky menu shows umpteen channels with no indication of which are free and we can view, and which require some sort of Sky subscription. So we end up clicking on loads before we find one we can actually watch.

No way we're going to bother with subscription - we haven't got anything other than Freeview at home, let alone in the van. Any easier way to tell which channels are free other then carrying a printed list around off t'internet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
"Hot bird"? Really? On Satellite? Sounds very dodgy to me!! ;)

On a different, and more respectable note - our MH came with an Oyster motorised dish on the roof and a Sky box, all wasted on us really as we hardly use the telly. However, on the rare occasions we do, it's frustrating that the Sky menu shows umpteen channels with no indication of which are free and we can view, and which require some sort of Sky subscription. So we end up clicking on loads before we find one we can actually watch.

No way we're going to bother with subscription - we haven't got anything other than Freeview at home, let alone in the van. Any easier way to tell which channels are free other then carrying a printed list around off t'internet?
Change the receiver to a "Freesat" one.. That will display an EPG with mostly free channels (just a few odd subscripiton ones) and more like the list you have on your Freeview TV....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back