What Club????? (1 Viewer)

D

dickymac

Deleted User
As a newbie to MHs I have been reading all the mail on this forum and I keep hearing benefits of being a club member!!! Please put me out of my misery and tell me what club and what benefits I could get from joining?

Richard non club member :Sad:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are members of both the Caravan Club and the Camping and Caravan Club, as are a lot of peolpe we meet. Both clubs have good sites, and lots of them. The Caravan Club is a little more up market in terms of facilities but both clubs are very helpful with all aspects of motorhoming and camping. The magazines are pretty good as well.

Rgds
Bill

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
im now a member of both the CC and C&CC.

as WillH says the caravan club is more upmarket and run by stuffed shirts in suits (not the wardens but the admin) but the mag is good.

the Camping and caravan club is run by a bloke in a flat cap with his sleeves rolled up....much more laid back but the mag is shi^e...just got my first copy.

you can use the clubs main sites or the certified locations (CC) or certified sites(C&CC)
both CL's and CS's are 5 van sites for members only....no membership...no camp.
could be anywhere, on a farm, behind a pub, in stately home grounds or even in an orchard.
CLs and CSs are far cheaper than the main sites but more basic and usually rural. many are now installing hookups too.

iv been a member of the CC for around 5 years now but i wont be renewing as i never use anything they offer...even their ferry discounts cant match doing it yourself online.
havent used the C&CC yet as i just joined on thursday but i probably will as its more relaxed and not cluttered with rules and regs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We arent members of any "club" and are solely members of Motorhome Fun.

When we got our 1st motorhome the insurance company insisted we became members of a "club" and to be quite honest, although we did this, we found the particular club very wanting and not particularly good value for money.

We came across motorhome fun by accident, found the members very helpful and never needed to go elsewhere. Our insurance company accept Motorhomefun as a "club"

We use sites we choose which some of which have been based on recommendations from fellow funsters and when we can we attend the motorhomefun meets. These meets are very reasonably priced and lots of fun.

So dont think just because you are new to motorhomes that you are obliged to join any fee paying clubs.

If you decide to join a fee paying club, make sure you read all the literature and small print and get them to give you details of the various benefits and weigh up which will be of most use to you.

Good luck xxxxxx

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We arent members of any "club" and are solely members of Motorhome Fun.

When we got our 1st motorhome the insurance company insisted we became members of a "club" and to be quite honest, although we did this, we found the particular club very wanting and not particularly good value for money.

We came across motorhome fun by accident, found the members very helpful and never needed to go elsewhere. Our insurance company accept Motorhomefun as a "club"

We use sites we choose which some of which have been based on recommendations from fellow funsters and when we can we attend the motorhomefun meets. These meets are very reasonably priced and lots of fun.

So dont think just because you are new to motorhomes that you are obliged to join any fee paying clubs.

If you decide to join a fee paying club, make sure you read all the literature and small print and get them to give you details of the various benefits and weigh up which will be of most use to you.

Good luck xxxxxx

very true, but membership does have benifits and drawbacks.:thumb:
and when Jim gets his act together we may have our own network of site just for funsters.:winky::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
very true, but membership does have benifits and drawbacks.:thumb:
and when Jim gets his act together we may have our own network of site just for funsters.:winky::ROFLMAO:

I agree that they have both benefits and drawbacks.

Motorhomefun is still a relatively new site and I have every confidence it will grow and more benefits will be added xxxx

Everyone does have their own experiences and the various clubs work better for some than others too, so much is down to individual preferences and lifestyles.

Still I must say, that having joined mhfun I have never found the need to go elsewhere and I contribute this both to the very helpful and kind members and to those that run this site.

Nothing stopping all our members promoting and getting sites onboard for motorhome fun, I am sure Jim would appreciate any help us members can give xxxxx

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
We've been in The Camping & Caravanning Club for years and find it well worth the annual subs. Have a look at the website and you will get an idea of the advantages:

The Camping and Caravanning Club - Welcome to The Club

If I could afford to give up work and go away more often I'd probably join The Caravan Club as well, to give me a greater choice of sites, but apart from that the C & C C does me fine.

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi
Were members of the C&CC, this gives us access to the arrivals breakdown scheme.
Were booked on to three sites so far this year. We have got a 7 nights for the price of 6 deal on all three sites and a few pound a day off the site fees cos were old.:roflmto:

Thats the membership fee sorted

Cheers
Jim:thumb:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
C&CC, and happy with them. We like the sites, though we don't use them exclusivley obviously, but we always find them well run, friendly and relaxed.

Having an RV the arrival scheme's great, haven't used it yet but by all accounts those that have seemed happy enough.

We like the big sites book (or whatever it's called) as it's easier than some to understand and we don't always have/or want to surf the net.

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
with ccc if you are over 55 you get a discount at different times of the year .:Eeek:
they have some very good holiday rallies :thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back