Custom paint job for my Rose? (1 Viewer)

D

dickymac

Deleted User
Hi Everyone!

I'm the proud owner of my first MH and she is called Rose, after my narrowboat, My English Rose. Anyway, I would like to have a paint job done on my MH and wondered if anyone had done this before? Any advice on doing a unique paint job is very welcome; paint, preparation, ideas, designs, custom etc?

Many thanks

Richard

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi Everyone!

I'm the proud owner of my first MH and she is called Rose, after my narrowboat, My English Rose. Anyway, I would like to have a paint job done on my MH and wondered if anyone had done this before? Any advice on doing a unique paint job is very welcome; paint, preparation, ideas, designs, custom etc?

Many thanks

Richard
Hi, Richard the modern way to get a unique motorhome nowadays is to get some vinyl graphics applied. There are a few posts on the site that might help. To have a "custom" paint job could cost you a mint.
Hope this helps, Dave:thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Richard,
We have an older motorhome and had new graphics done when we were at Stratford show last year. It made the van look much better We can't have a respray as it has a bubble finish.
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Richard,

in my view the biggest drawback with a custom paint job is when the time comes to sell it.:Sad:

your design wont be everyones cup of tea so vinyl graphics are the best bet as they can be removed if necessary.

the designs on vinyl are just about endless if you work with the right people.
or how about having a word with a tutor at a local graphic arts college.:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi Everyone!

Many thanks

Richard

So how much have you been quoted?

Boo

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i may get told off for this.... you mentioned vinyl graphics... i'd recomend them very highly for a motorhome, customise it to your taste, then take em off when you change your mind or sell it, and a heck of a lot cheaper than a re-spray (you wont get a quote less than a grand for a rubbish job on a motorhome sized vehicle)

Just i recently bought a vinyl cutter for my own use, but obviousely will 'help' anyone out who wants some doing for their vehicles.

i dont do it as any type of buisness, trade or owt like that, it's just a hobby, but i use the proffesional vinyl, and 70% of the job is in the design, tho' the hardest part is laying multi coloured vinyls up (the second it touches it's stuck there), lots of places wont do that kind of work anymore, prefering single colour line stuff, or use a megga expensive dye sublimination printer onto plain white vinyl to make up complex designs.

Providing i dont get told off for 'advertising' i can do custom vinyl graphics for club members motorhomes at cheap prices (basicaly the cost of the material, a little for wear of the machine and blades, and a little bit for our time designing and laying them up, some complex designs take half an hour just to weed, butterfly's are the worst, and motorhomers seem to love them,

like i say, if this contravines the rules, please delete it and tell me how i should have done it, i don't want to step on someones toes that pays to advertise their vinyl graphics services on here by offering to do it for a fraction of the cost as i dont have any overheads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
When you are doing multi-layers, try some Fairy liquid (weakish) on them so you can position them, the Fairy dries out and then they stick.

Peter

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i've just got some 'super tak' stuff that apparantly the pro's use, in a little mister spray bottle, used to clean the surface and help position the graphic on the vehicle,

dunno why i didnt think to use it when laying the layers up, mind fairy liquid will be a lot cheaper, prolly the same stuff in my bottle of super tak :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back