Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Rossi on pole for Assen, Movistar Yamaha’s Rossi silenced the doubters by smashing Casey Stoner’s previous pole record from 2012 by over a second to claim his 61st career pole position. The nine-time World Champion set a 1’32.627, the fastest ever time on a motorbike around the 4.5km track.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Awesome hope he shows Lorezo the way home.

Don't write Lorenzo off he's a fantastic starter and Rossi is'nt, gonna be an interesting race.

See it isfinally changing to a Sunday race as from next year.

About time might try and go next year would have gone this year but my lad couldn't get time off.
In a dilemma collect a new bike tomorrow was hoping put some miles on for the running in but can't miss the race so have to be long day in the saddle Sunday. Want in run in and first service before next weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
He is still the man :). Looks like his off road training paid off too. I am a huge Rossi fan but I do think that Marquez is a fantastically talented rider too. He needs to be very careful if he wants to still be racing at Rossi's age though.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Is Marquez turning into this
549391_3152057722330_1558882038_n.jpeg

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It's a shame pedrosa came off in warm up , it would of been more interesting if he had been on full song mixing it up with Lorenzo up at the front. Still a good result for Rossi though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
PHEW! After hearing Vale on pole had to avoid any posts on here, news etc until I could watch it on ITV4, then we were out and bloody digi box threw a wobbly on series record & didn't record it, finally watched on catch up just now.

Awesome race The Doctor at his best so nice to see a rider coming to his racing twilight years give such a performance, really did show Lorezo the home.

Can't wait to see him live at the San Marino GP.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't write Lorenzo off he's a fantastic starter and Rossi is'nt, gonna be an interesting race.

Oh boy was that the understatement of the year.

I don't know if I can take a full season at this pace.

Once again Danny Kent using his head and extending his lead, if he instructed Marquez on use of head Marquez would be leading.

Sam Lowes seems to doing a very good job on the B grade bike, all others at the front are on Kalex.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can't wait to see him live at the San Marino GP.

I don't know if you know the area but we've stayed in one of the endless campsites in glorious Riccioni and push-biked into the track, not on a race day. Road access by vehicle looks poor for a race day. I got there one Sunday and it was a track day, you should see what the Italians turn up on and how they ride, a seriously good free day.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It wasn't as if he gave Rossi much option, it was like Marquez was on a game of skittles.

Marquez had a last lap, last corner, dive underneath Rossi. Cant blame him for trying but you can't complain when it failes. At that speed he could have over shot the corner if Rossi hadn't been there. When was the last time Rossi complained about another rider?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it was just his attitude

Well he was The Roman Emperor. Ego the size of the Colosseum. Yet another rider that if he had not come up against Rossi would have been a record setter. But he did, so tough s$$t.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't know if you know the area but we've stayed in one of the endless campsites in glorious Riccioni and push-biked into the track, not on a race day. Road access by vehicle looks poor for a race day. I got there one Sunday and it was a track day, you should see what the Italians turn up on and how they ride, a seriously good free day.
There is a Sosta right next to the track attached & run by the local caravan dealer. It's more like a small camp site, full facilities, hedged pitches, half the cost of the camp sites (completely blown my years camping budget already spent €49 for 3weeks in France) & couldn't get closer to the track, and they have space, staying Sat,Sun & Mon. Wouldn't have wanted to take the expensive e-bikes to the track, depending how busy the roads are may cycle up to San Marino on Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back