Well That's My Cockup For The Year Done. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I hope....

Parked up yesterday and unpacked my chair and slid it under the van. put the table in it's ready to use storage location etc etc etc. Got unpacked and settled in for the long weekend.

Got up this morning and decided to mark out the pitches to make things easier for me tomorrow.
Once I had marked them all out I realised I was right on the edge of mine so fired up the engine and creeped back so I could go forward into the right spot.

Yup, I backed straight over my chair:doh:. Snapped legs etc. Being a solo fulltimer in a small van I only carry one. This chair has been with me since I started motorhoming back in 2005... Looks like I will be spending at the show after all.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Karl, you and me, just broken my double glazed side window trying to get it apart for a re-seal.

I will report in full when there is a bright side to look on.

Martin

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Karl, you and me, just broken my double glazed side window trying to get it apart for a re-seal.

I will report in full when there is a bright side to look on.

Martin
Damn that sucks. I presume you did it while at home not on the road?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OH yes, waited till after Stratford so I had a week between trips "just in case"

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dennis at Countryseats he should be at the show and does some great quality lightweight chairs. He gives a healthy Funster discount too (y)

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks @Jim

Decided to give the multimorph plastic a go to give me a temporary repair until I can get a new one on Saturday. Looks gash but I don't think I need to buy a new chair (y)

I made a sausage out of it and pushed it into each end of the broken tube then pushed the tube back together. I then used the remainder to make a tube around the outside and squeezed it all to bond it together....

This is not a video of me doing it but shows what the stuff can do. I can't find the video that shows them running a truck over the end result.. This stuff is well worth carrying in your van for emergency repairs. It is up there with Duct tape and WD40 in my opinion.

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
i stopped at a petrol staion in Wicklow to get diesel, i dropped the keys which were attached to the diesel cap, and watched them go down a drain which was located at my foot. I could not see the bottom of the drain, and suddenly started spouting all sorts of abuse at myself. The shop in the station sold kids fishing nets so i bought one to try and fish out the keys, i struggled for two hours solid to rescue the keys, dropping them several times due to the added wieght of the cap which was still attached luckily. After three fishing nets later (i managed to break them,), and a few interested lookers on who were amused at me with my top of my torso half stuck down a drain hole with a fishing net, i somehow retrieved the keys and cap. with an aching back and bruised knees i made my way back into the MH to be greeted by my wife and daughter, who calmy said, "ready for a cuppa"

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
You have my sympathy LOL.
In the "Good" old days of drivers digs,had taken my suitcase out of the cab and was locking up,another lad came along and although the room was tight,we decided that if i squeezed over a bit,he could squeeze in......... Yes,reversed over the suitcase LOL,spent the rest of the time away,turning up at digs,with a suitcase held together with a bit of rope!.... The ladies that ran the "Drivers" digs in those days,where made of solid rock,and not one of them raised an eyelid. Come back,"Vera's" Seaforth rd Bootle and,"Ivy's" Westview Terr. Preston.... Nuff' said!
Tea Bag

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
As we're all admitting things which showed us to be total prats.

A couple of years ago I was staying at the CC Steamer Quay site at Totnes. One morning I went off to the toilet block for an invigorating shower. Got myself lathered up and rinsed off then realised that I'd left my towel in the motorhome.

I felt a right burk walking back through the site dripping wet.

Stef.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That plastic looks like a great product. Found it on Amazon so may have to get some (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Used it to make several bits for bikes.. And the beauty of it is, when ( if ) you get a pucka replacement part you can reuse the stuff !

Deleted User
Too many to mention! I'm retrying to fix what started off as a small drip from the water heater in our static van. First attempt ok at first, well pleased with bodge using metal paste stuff, then started leaking more than before:doh:
Second attempt today after removing cover to get at it properly, leave overnight & we shall see tomorrow!

Plumbing is one of my many DIY skills :rofl:. Jack of all trades, master.............. that's me:)

Still new ones are only about £180 from China

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing that. I'll have to get some. We have a few parts on the van that need replacing 6.

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Well I have been sat outside for 3 hours on it drinking beer and eating and it hasn't collapsed.
Another successful bodge (y)

Well at least Ive christened the chair very well with rose wine at Peterborough so if it decides to finally give up the ghost (and sitter) it will go to a very spiritual place.....:whistle::ROFLMAO:

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Oops...I did tell you about that pint of wine in the marque didn't I@Gromett?? :blusher::lipssealed::roflmto:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well the other leg collapsed on me. I bodged that as well but unfortantely didn't leave it long enough to cool down and set so had a wobbly leg. I ended up running a bit of 1.5mm wire between the wobbly legs and the good legs and it held up for a night of beer. Need to get the heat gun on it to soften it again then leave it to set properly before using. Either that or get a new one tomorrow.

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Psssst....just bury the old one...get a new similar one tomorrow...say it "strengthened & straightened" in the night...don't think anyone would notice..:whistle: :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back