Caravan Club Or Camping And Caravanning Club? (1 Viewer)

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
Which one is best to join for sites etc. Our insurer has said our premium would be reduced if we joined one. which would you recommend? thanks :)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
As above...

We - as newbies - joined both in April... One of which was for insurance reductions...

But at the end of the day we insured with someone else slightly cheaper..

To-date we have only used CC ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We were members of cc for several years , found there main sites very expensive . Their small cl sites are good value. We have however cancelled our subscription with them as the c & cc gave our disabled daughter a special membership they had recognised in her own right she would never be able to access any of their sites without adult supervision due to her disability. So they do not charge adult rates for her in fact they don't charge for her at all . When we asked the cc for the same type of membership they told us they could not do it, but told us to write in and literally beg for it so hense we told them no . We are very happy with the c& cc they have always made us welcome and we enjoy their rallies also as we are over 55yrs of age we get an age consession :) :) :)

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I would like to join CC&C club, but without UK address it would appear that I can only do it on line and therefore do not get the books etc. Never thought about CC. Shame as would join tomorrow if could get books as well.

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
you are welcome to our old books John :)
Thank you Kate, that might be the only way right now.
Currently on the phone awaiting an answer as the lady is sure that if you call at one of their "bigger" sites you can join in the office and they supply all the books etc. Why do they make it so hard.......

Upvote 0

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thank you Kate, that might be the only way right now.
Currently on the phone awaiting an answer as the lady is sure that if you call at one of their "bigger" sites you can join in the office and they supply all the books etc. Why do they make it so hard.......
John dont forget to ask about concessions :)

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We were members of cc for several years , found there main sites very expensive . Their small cl sites are good value. We have however cancelled our subscription with them as the c & cc gave our disabled daughter a special membership they had recognised in her own right she would never be able to access any of their sites without adult supervision due to her disability. So they do not charge adult rates for her in fact they don't charge for her at all . When we asked the cc for the same type of membership they told us they could not do it, but told us to write in and literally beg for it so hense we told them no . We are very happy with the c& cc they have always made us welcome and we enjoy their rallies also as we are over 55yrs of age we get an age consession :) :) :)
We get the special membership too for our girl. Its very welcome and a nice touch as we always have to take her with us.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
C&CC for us....love the small listed sites and the club sites are great out of the main season. We also get the members age discount :)

We are on-line members so don't get the printed magazines but can always look at them online.

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Well, the very helpful lady has pushed me towards "on line" as other than the site book everything else is the same........ so online right now filling the forms in.... role on the CL and CS sites after next week...

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
C & CC for me as with the ol' bugger's discount it works out cheaper for me as a singleton than using CLs or CC sites. I'm a member of both, but I find C & CC sites friendlier and more inclusive than CL. Downside? C & CC require a £25 deposit when booking online, CC does not. Each to their own I say!

Upvote 0

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Not for me :) As an alternative, go Here and click on Clubs in the bottom right box of the table :)

@GJH.... I guessed that... As it is your pages... :) ...

I mentioned it because they - like me - are newbies... and it might of confused em!!... that'sall :)

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
We are in both and MCC gives your more options if you want to book at short notice also more rally choice.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We too are in both, gives us a better selection of sites across the country.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have been in the CC. And CCC and Motorcaravaners Club for years. But now just in the CCC. And MCC ,absolutely disgusted with the CC after been with them for 10years, we were touring Scotland a year ago and went to book in one of the CC sites in a remote part of Scotland it was full up, no problem we said, we will find somewhere to wild camp but we are really low on water could they let us have some.
No they said we can not let you have any water, we said we are members and have been for years and we are willing to pay for the water , No you can't have water we were told, again were told CC Rules no water if you are a member but not on the site.
I found it difficult to believe that in the UK you can be refused water when you are stuck.
The other disadvantage is that CC rally's have to be booked but on CCC rally's especially holiday rally's you can just turn up.

So for me it's a big thumbs down for the CC .
Though I have to say I think the be best club that you get the best value out of is motorhome Fun.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
been with both for years, but use the c&cc for THSs most summers plus DA weekends. cost per unit night is very cheap and without fail, the people we meet are friendly. CC are great for sites but really stuck up and consider themselves a cut above. We enjoy camping to see places of interest and meet people just as interesting

you can get "club discount" by saying you are a member of MotorhomeFun

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
CCC for use too. Mainly because Joe used to work shifts so we couldn't always book in advance with is necessary for CC raillies.

We rally most weekends and intend to use more THSs next year once Joe retires.

Denise

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi,
We are on line members of CC&C so did not receive a book. However we have just been to one of their sites in Northumberland and I asked the very nice lady in the office if there was a way of getting the book. She said yes you can buy one here for the some of £5.00. So we did.
Hope this helps.
Glenn.

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I have just rejoined C and C.C tonight online. I have been a member of both C.C and C and C.C. previously and always found the C and C.C friendlier and less regimented.
The main reason for now rejoining is that I prefer to wild camp and the C and C.C will allow you to use site facilities, for a small sum, to enable the dumping of waste and replenishing without having to actually stay on a site.
It also means that I have an option plan if things don't go to plan whilst out and about.
Norman.

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
The c&cc for us.....THS ...temp. Holiday sites all over the country all seasons long from as little as £4.50 pupn. Very friendly like minded people....just like fun.
These temp hol sites get you close to big events such as The Open, Edinburgh Festival and the like. And at non inflated prices.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back