Essentials, What Should We Put Into Mh? (1 Viewer)

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
Hi we are just personalising our motor home with bits and bobs and were wondering what essentials we should put in, what would you recommend? we have stuff like shower gel, toothpaste, sleeping bags, pans, plates etc. but I am sure there will be something obvious we will forget! thanks in advance.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
The best thing to do is have a shakedown cruise of a week end away somewhere local, put in the things you think you might need and see how you get on and remember there are shops out there so you can always pick up that which you have forgotten, most of us put in too much stuff the first couple of times, you will soon learn what you need instead of what you think you need. (y)

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Put in the bare minimum, we changed van earlier this year and more than half the stuff we had 'just in case' had been in there for 5 years and never been used, garage now stuffed. New van gone in for some work, so have had to completely empty it, now study is full, so will be doing a big downsize equipment wise when we refill.
Wont be leaving the extra teabags at home though, have yet to find decent ones abroad, except in a 'british' shop in spain and they were extortionate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Duct tape and WD40. Camping stove, bottle of water and coffee.

With these items you can fix most small problems and if everything else fails you can make yourself a cuppa while you wait for the repair man to arrive.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
a man talking from experience.. :LOL:
Yes :p

Put petrol in diesel tank, Duct tape and WD40 no use. Was on my way to get gas. Drove van off forecourt and set up camping stove while waiting for garage to tow me away. (y):LOL:

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
classic.. :LOL:
now a gizzmo to make that impossible would be a winner

with a petrol car and a diesel van , my biggest fear..
every time I fill up I stand back and double check and treble check.. I even check that the hose goes to the correct pump..
Yup, the number of people I have mocked for doing this. I never felt more stupid in my entire life.
My only excuse was that the woman on the other side of the pump didn't know how to open the fuel cap on her Merc and asked me, this distraction along with the fact I was in a rush to get to the Stratford Rally and the fact that the petrol pump handle was black instead of green.

But oh yes. I screwed up royally that day. DOH!!! :doh:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yup, the number of people I have mocked for doing this. I never felt more stupid in my entire life.
My only excuse was that the woman on the other side of the pump didn't know how to open the fuel cap on her Merc and asked me, this distraction along with the fact I was in a rush to get to the Stratford Rally and the fact that the petrol pump handle was black instead of green.

But oh yes. I screwed up royally that day. DOH!!! :doh:

how about this.. just found it

http://www.misfuellingprevention.co.uk/

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
you will never, ever need 17 tea towels :oops:
Erm.... I have more than 17. They are really really useful. Especially if a door catch breaks and everything crashes to the floor... Yup, that one happened to me as well o_O

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Hairbrush :rofl:
Only thing I 'forgot' on my shakedown weekend. Plenty of things I brought along but never used.
I didn't forget sunblock, just never thought I'd need it :doh:.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a packing list..... everything on the list has been used at one time or another over the last 12 months :) - but sometimes not by us.

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
A bucket. You can use it empty grey waste, you can carry water in it (clean first if you've used it for grey), you can turn it upside down and use it for a step or a seat.

Obviously I'm not referring to the collapsible variety.

Cheers
Alan

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We just did a shake down trip in our new van and stopped at a range store in Cornwall to pick up some bits.. We also did an Amazon order while on the road of other stuff.

It a amazing what comes in handy but also what you can do without.

The law of motorhoming is that no matter what you take, the one thing you will really really need is that wotsimaflip you left on the dining table at home.

Upvote 0

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
last couple of trips we brought a halogen oven. small enough to fit in the cupboard. bought it in lidl or aldi. great for cooking chicken pototoes etc all in the one container. washing up is easier as a result.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back