Are some of you RVist (1 Viewer)

W

Winnie1

Deleted User
Hello this is my first post, I was moved to post when I couldn't help but notice that no one commented on the Talbot Owners Meet thread. I thought someone might say that they felt excluded because they did not own a Talbot.

Is this any different from the RV enthusiast trying to get some RVs together who got so much stick the other week? I don't think so.:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Winnie following your post I went and had a look
I would agree with you there is little or no difference in the two posts and arguments were put forward for both sides,
I think the general feeling on here,and mine, is that all meets should be open to all:thumb:
On reflection I shouldn't object to any one posting that they wish to hold such a meet
as there may well be a few of our members who would like to get together and talk Talbot's all day
If I were posting such a meet I would say that its "theme" is mainly Talbot based, but all are welcome:thumb:
The lack of response to these selective meets speaks for its self:RollEyes:
Geo
I might add that the decision to make the RV meet, RV ONLY was not made clear at the start of the booking period, wereas this post clearly does

Last edited:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Like you George, I read the Talbot Meet post but I didn't feel that I had to respond because I don't have a Talbot vehicle.
Laughingheart didn't go on to say that "if it turned out to be a success" then they would consider inviting other types of vehicles next time.
This was the point that rubbed me up the wrong way on the RV thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think the general feeling on here,and mine, is that all meets should be open to all:thumb:

My sentiment exactly ..

I can understand a meet with a theme.. it's then up to the individual to choose to go or not .. but not one that excludes because you don't own such and such a motorhome .. :RollEyes:

Jim

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
As for a RV only meet, by definition, do we all not have RVs.

Yes of course we do -RV= Recreational Vehicle so if they only wanted American RV's they should have said so! (imho)
Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back