Burstner T615 Not Charging Leisure Battery In Ehu (1 Viewer)

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Can anybody suggest a solution as I find it hard to get local Caravan/Motorhome service guys out to see me. Must all be really busy.
An indicator light on the control panel used to light up when on EHU. This has not lit up and the leisure battery is not being charged. When I run the engine you can see the leisure battery is charging.
Do you think it is a problem with the large Elektroblock? And is it something I can sort?
thanks
Don

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Are the 240v sockets working and have you checked the trip switch which will be located near to where the ecu cable plugs in, sometimes at the back of a wardrobe.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you have a Schaudt Over Voltage Protection unit fitted?

We had a similar problem on our t625 earlier this year, just before we went to Peterborough Show. I'd put the van on hook-up to cool the fridge down the previous day and all was well. Went in the morning we were going away and the 230v light was out but the RCD that the lead was plugged into hadn't tripped.
As the battery was fully charged, and the 12v system worked OK, I wasn't immediately concerned as I knew we would not be on hook-up during our trip.

When we got back I checked the 230v sockets and they worked OK so looked in the handbook to see that it says that the lamp comes on whenever line voltage is available at the transformer/rectifier unit. That prompted me to look at the Elektroblock and the OVP and I found that the OVP plug had come loose somehow. All I had to do was to push it back in properly and everything was fine.

I hope this (or something equally simple) is what caused your problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
donnkim

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Hi
Thanks
yes all 230v sockets are working
how do I identify the OVP Plug?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi
Thanks
yes all 230v sockets are working
how do I identify the OVP Plug?
Our Elektroblock is fitted under the driver seat. The photo shows it with the OVP (blue box) in front. The white lead at the right plugged into the OVP is the original 230v power lead. The lead next to it goes to the Elektroblock at the top where the white lead was originally plugged in.
If you don't have an OVP then the equivalent of the white lead should be plugged into the Elektroblock.
Whatever set-up you have, check that all leads are securely plugged in.
ovp.jpg

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya ovp should have two lights lit if working o/k

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
My money says your Elektroblok charging unit has failed. The 230V lamp on control panel is fed from the 12v output of the Elektroblok charger. EBLs do not like voltage fluctuations which is why Schaudt developed the OVP unit to protect them. Remove EBL, send it to Schaudt in Germany and they will fix it and send it back. Cost was about £200-£250 last time we sent one out and turn around time is generally about 2-3 weeks.

When you get your EBL back fit an OVP to prevent it happening again.

D.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya i dont know how practical you are or how soon you need your van...but there is firm called A and M Caravans find on google i think in wales...they have all elektrobloks in stock new and reconditioned they are very helpfull there blurb on ebl s is worth reading and other charging units hope this helps

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
sorry i meant A and N caravans the keys next to each other

OP
OP
donnkim

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Thanks everyone. got sorted at A & N Caravans near Conwy. Allen was so helpful and really knowledgeable. Can't fault him or the service.
An exchange remanufactured unit £270 all done in an hour.
He also restores old Citroen Vans - brilliant!!

Reactions: GJH
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya glad Allen fixed you up i have had nothing but good reports about them...makes a change these days ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back