Bathroom Water 1999 Citroen La Strada Avanti (1 Viewer)

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi all,

I'm a newbie with a 1999 La Strada Avanti on a Citroen Relay base. Picked it up last week and am now sitting in it on the drive trying to work everything out!
The thing that's bothering me most right now is I can't get any water flowing through the bathroom sink tap/shower head. I've got the power on and the water pump at the control panel, the kitchen taps are working and the toilet flushes, but just a very occasional drip from the shower. I've had a look under the sink and can't find a valve of any sort. What am I missing? Any ideas?
If there are any other La Strada owners hear I'd love to hear from you!
Ken.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Could be a faulty tap micro switch (don't think they use a pressure switch in your van).
Try turning turning on kitchen tap then shower tap at same tim, if water comes out shower it's the micro switch in the tap head.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Thanks @lennyhb but I already tried that and no luck! I'm assuming it should work with just cold water - I haven't attempted the water heater yet. A ton of question about that to follow!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Have you tried turning it all off, emptying the kitchen and basin taps then turn it back on again and turning the shower on FIRST? The shower tap was sort of the 'master tap' in our Bessacarr and if you did that first , you had absolutely NP. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks @lennyhb but I already tried that and no luck! I'm assuming it should work with just cold water - I haven't attempted the water heater yet. A ton of question about that to follow!
Assuming it has a Truma Combi, dump valve is not open buy any chance & when you turn on the tap it just pumping water out under the van, strange things happen with Truma dump valves.
Normally cold will flow even with boiler empty.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Nope, that's not working either. But thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to move on and come back to that. So it looks like the original Carver space and water heater in my van has been replaced with a Trumatic E2400 space heater and a Truma BM10 water heater. I have the instructions for these and have made sure the drain valve is closed but, given the shower problem, how can I be sure there is water in the water heater? If I fire it up and there's no water in it that's not going to end well!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
One other thing that might be relevant. When I turn on the kitchen tap I can hear the pump going but nothing with the shower.

Upvote 0
Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
I find with mine, especially after winter drain down I have get my mouth around the kitchen tap and suck the water thru with the pump running, just seems to prime the system, once done & kitchen taps running bathroom and shower also work.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Sorry for the delay. It wouldn't let me reply til I'd paid my ten quid. Crafty!

Anyway, it worked! but not for the reason you might think. I'm standing in the bathroom with my gob around the showerhead sucking hard and I spot something on the top of the shower head that looks like it might turn... It does turn! And water comes out. It turns one way for the inner ring of nozzles and the other way for the outer ring. I saw the mixer tap fitting on the basin, it didn't occur to me there'd be one on the shower head as well!

Thanks! @Keith777

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry for the delay. It wouldn't let me reply til I'd paid my ten quid. Crafty!

Anyway, it worked! but not for the reason you might think. I'm standing in the bathroom with my gob around the showerhead sucking hard and I spot something on the top of the shower head that looks like it might turn... It does turn! And water comes out. It turns one way for the inner ring of nozzles and the other way for the outer ring. I saw the mixer tap fitting on the basin, it didn't occur to me there'd be one on the shower head as well!

Thanks! @Keith777
Hi Keith, welcome to the mad house! :)

You've given me a real chuckle ... and will forever be known to me as the shower sucker!!! :D

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No, I'm the kitchen tap sucker, it's k3n whose the shower sucker !
Oops ... too many 'k' names! At least you're a sucker too so I wasn't completely wrong!!! :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back