Campercontact - Using The Filter (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
While trying to do a bit of planning for our trip to France in September I was frustrated by the map in Campercontact ("Motorhome Parkings") showing lots of aires without what are to us essential facilities such as a point for discharging the toilet.

It made me wish there was some way of filtering the results - and after a lightbulb moment I also realised the designers of the site thought so too!

What follows is what happens on the Android app version. It may differ on the full web site or on iOS.

On the page which lists all the sites there is button on the top left called "filter". Click this and you can then select various parameters.

For example if you select " Region" you can select France, then click " continue" you can then select the specific regions you are interested in. Brittany shows three regions and you could select all three as I did. By clicking "continue" again you can then get back to the page where you can select another parameter, click "facilities" and select "discharge chemical toilet". When you have selected the parameters click " show results" and you will find yourself with a list of all the aires in Brittany where you can empty the cassette, and the really useful thing is if you select the " map" button they are all shown on the map, with none of the basic car parks without facilities in sight. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I like the 'free' filter .. (y):cool:
Free aires I guess - I hadn't spotted that one. So free + loo emptying = good cheap trip!

Just tried it on the full website and the search facilities are under "advanced search".

All the aires in eastern Brittany which are free and have a discharge point:

cc1.jpg

Last edited:

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
If the free filter does't fulfil next is the <10€ one :)

Don't forget that you can use as many conditions in the filter as you like. For example you can set up a search /free/dump facilties/open (date range)/swimming nearby. Obviously the map wouldn't be hugely populated but it can be a very useful and powerful tool

Dick

Reactions: DBK

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thats great. I've used it for years. Didn't realise you could do this. I've been playing with mine and I've found lots of different things. Thanks for that. DBK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hey. Another question. As I'm on all you can eat data. I wanted to download 'update data' through cellular, I ticked that box but still won't download except through Wi Fi. It continually tries to get Wi Fi to do it but I don't have Wi Fi available at present.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hey. Another question. As I'm on all you can eat data. I wanted to download 'update data' through cellular, I ticked that box but still won't download except through Wi Fi. It continually tries to get Wi Fi to do it but I don't have Wi Fi available at present.
Do you mean the device you are to view the app using has a sim card or are you connecting to the internet through a tethered phone or mifi?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The app is on my phone with a sim card. Using '3' in france at the mo.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I find the desktop version of Campercontact a bit 'clumpy' compared with the phone app
Having said that I do use it for checking reviews as they are translated into English

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You may need to change the settings in the app to use cellular data
If your using three all you can eat data in France then this should work fine

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
You may need to change the settings in the app to use cellular data
If your using three all you can eat data in France then this should work fine
I've changed the setting to use cellular but it's still trying to download maps through Wi Fi.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Apps will always use wifi for downloads if wifi is available
Try turning wifi off - and make sure that you have a good 3G signal

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks, Wi Fi is turned off, I have 4 bars and H+ so should be enough.
I'll have to put my sim card in another phone and tether from it to get Wi Fi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back