Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi there was a thread on here about this mifi unit bought from tescos the R207 .thought it came with 4gb data but only 2gb on card,.. Does the other 2gb get added automatically when the first 2gb is used..I seem to remember it was discussed but can't remember details!s...Roy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Depends where you bought it as the packs tend to vary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Also not all branches have the same offer on at the same time, or perhaps it is using a different data server to the original posting

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I bought 2 of these the one's bought online had 4gb and the one's in store had 2gb as if they were old stock when I returned mine I was given the 4gb. @Khizzie

Richard

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The envelope had 4gb printed on it but only 2gb was shown when activated....so will talk to Vodafone when back into civilisation.. Thankyou those that gave me constructive advice.Roy

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
That thread was a while ago, seems at the time there were some 4gb and 2gb versions about.
I posted it originally but it was more for obtaining the Mifi than the data.... Remember it expires in 30 days from First use...

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The mifi unit has been great ,am very pleased with it ,just concerned about stated gb and actual gb..but will have it out with Vodafone sometime next week...

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I got one of these and tried to unlock it unfortunately the code seems not to have worked (want to use it on 3)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Almost everyone got a code off ebay for 99p and did it.. It did 2 for fellow funsters. Been a while now but maybe find the original post and check who people used on ebay. I am at stratford on phone and limited internet connection to do much searching. Good luck.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I unlocked mine and now use it on 3. You have to use a non-vodaphone sim to force the unlock procedure. Apologies if I'm teaching my Granny to suck eggs.;)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I got one of these and tried to unlock it unfortunately the code seems not to have worked (want to use it on 3)
I was thinking of getting a 3 broadband deal and buying my own mifi.

Is it gonna be a problem ?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This was posted by MinxyGirl, hopefully she won't mind me reposting it,
I've been asked various questions about the MIFI and other bits and pieces, so to save me having to keep sending the info out individually here it is!

• Phone numbers to contact EE to cancel contract:
    - EE Landline number: 01707 315000
    - EE free-phone number: 0800 801080
    - T-mobile or Orange 'pay monthly' phone contract holders (not PAYG) can ring 150 free
  • EE (everything everywhere) is just the name that is use since Orange and T-Mobile got together to provide their services, basically a rebranding exercise (it's nothing to do with 4g itself).
  • The MIFI is 4g compatible and the sim that comes with it is a 4g contract one but you will ONLY be able to use 4g in the areas where it is available (it is being rolled out by some providers at present and others are already providing it but often for an extra charge). If 4g isn't available to you yet the MIFI is still one heck of a fast 3g one - we checked on our download speeds today, with our original '3' MIFI we rarely got a maximum of 200kbps on a good day, normally around 100kbps, but with the new MIFI we have had up to 900kbps!!! :Eeek:
  • The sim you use in the MIFI itself doesn't have to be 4g, it's the deal that you're on that will determine if you can get 4g - ie you have to have a 4g pay monthly contract (either the 30 day rolling one, or a 'term' one) or 4g PAYG. If your deal is NOT a 4g one you won't be able to connect to 4g even though the MIFI unit is 4g compatible - it depends on what your provider is allowing you to have. So, if your current provider isn't doing 4g then you won't get 4g if you us it in the MIFI.
  • Some providers are giving 4g to their customers for no extra cost - for example '3' will be allowing all their mobile broadband customers 4g connection free of charge when 4g is rolled out in their area, but in order to benefit from this the customers would need a 4g compatible device (which is what this MIFI is) to be able to access it ... I think that makes sense! It's a bit like having a TV without freeview built in and trying to watch digital tv ... you can't! The same goes for mobile phones, if they are not 4g compatible regardless of whether 4g is available, if the phone can't handle it, you won't be able to use it. At some point in the future I'm sure all mobile equipment will use 4g as standard so by having a MIFI which is 4g compatible this is 'future proofing'.
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Built_for_internetting?site=d

Hope this helps ... I'm learning about all of this too!!!!

If I get the chance I'll actually create a web page with the info on so I can just refer people to that as I'm getting bombarded with PMs asking for the info!!! :RollEyes: Not that I mind so keep asking if you want it but please ensure you give me your email address.:thumb:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Now working on 3 just need to find the apn details for 3 in France for our trip!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I'd like an answer to that. It worked fine in UK but cannot connect in France, which is what I bought it for!

Wyn

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was thinking of getting a 3 broadband deal and buying my own mifi.

Is it gonna be a problem ?
Unless they have changed their policies recently, all MiFi devices (and the vast majority of phones) sold by 3 are already unlocked.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back