Apr 9, 2015
Near Andover
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
4 years
Hi All,

I went to refill my GasLow cylinders for the first time yesterday and I seem to have a leak in the flexible pipe from the external filler cap to the bottle. It appears to be coming from where the flexible hose fits into a solid steel sleeve which in turn goes into the nut attaching it to the cylinder.

Are these repairable or should I get a new hose fitted?

Many thanks
Martin

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not repairable.. buy a new one ..

it may be worth while examining the other hoses while you are at it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M&A

M&A

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Near Andover
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
4 years
Thought that might be the case (and the safest option!) - thanks for your responses, just need to find somewhere to get a new hose from now... Gaslow website isn't much help!

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
How old are the hoses? Are you sure that the hoses are attached firmly to the bottles etc?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M&A

M&A

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Near Andover
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
4 years
Yeah, definitely the hose, I checked the connection but it's coming out of the place where the solid metal sleeve fits over the braided steel hose. The hose can't be that old, the van is a 2008 although I've only had it a couple of months.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I guess you mean like this? (not a fill hose) If it's a Gaslow hose it will be dated along the outer sheath and if in date Gaslow will replace it free
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M&A

M&A

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Near Andover
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
4 years
Andy,

That's exactly where it's leaking, I'll check the hose for a date this evening.

Thanks for the advice, I would have just bought a new one and wasted £30 or £40.

Martin

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Same happened to us in Portugal. Had to get an emergency one from a gas fitter. We would have kept the hose if we knew that they replaced them. It was under 6 months old.

Upvote 0

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I guess you mean like this? (not a fill hose) If it's a Gaslow hose it will be dated along the outer sheath and if in date Gaslow will replace it free
Broken Link Removed
Andy that is interesting, I went for Gasit and their rubber hoses partly on your recommendation, although price was a motivator too, are the rubber hoses less susceptible to this apparent semi-regular problem on the stainless Gaslow product?
Michael

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The one in my picture was brand new out of the bag and it's only the low pressure one.
I don't think their QC is up to scratch but they don't quibble about replacing it although it will cost you postage. I changed mine at one of the shows back then.
Rubber hoses need changing more frequently on the low pressure side 5yrs I believe.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back