Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just noticed this crack in base of hand basin. Cant remember dropping anything... Ah well!.
Shall I order a new one or is there a fix please to save the hassle:)View attachment 66507

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Just noticed this crack in base of hand basin. Cant remember dropping anything... Ah well!.
Shall I order a new one or is there a fix please to save the hassle:)View attachment 66507

Check the pipe connecting to the waste is long enough. Hymers had a problem some time ago where the pipe was pulling on the fitting and causing damage.
We viewed a Hymer at one dealer where the whole waste fitting had pulled through the bottom of the sink.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Actually remember now when I arrived at this meet in Weymouth Tuesday. A heavy tub of something fell onto it when I opened cabinet above.. So entirely self inflicted!: (

Thanks H will look at the bonding soloution!
Edit: ordered:) repair from underneath do you think if I can get at it?

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Edit: ordered:) repair from underneath do you think if I can get at it?

Eddie

No idea. It was just a bodge idea that might work based on you saying you were prepared to buy new. I had in mind applying pressure to open the crack, carefully drip in the solvent then release.

It worked on a Burstner rear bumper, instantly softened it and welded it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now that looks interesting as I have a small crack in the shower tray, which I was going to get fixed professionally. I will try this first as the crack is not in a "stress" area and I can access both sides.

As always with a shower tray is the real problem lack of support underneath. If it can still flex you are wasting your time. If you can work on the underneath a good layer of fibreglass cloth plus resin on the roughed up surface is a proper job. Plus check the support.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Now that looks interesting as I have a small crack in the shower tray, which I was going to get fixed professionally. I will try this first as the crack is not in a "stress" area and I can access both sides.

Plastic Weld is great of joining plastics but try it somewhere out of site to see how it reacts first.
I used it all the time as part of my model railway hobby for joining plastic card.
It works by melting the plastic - you only need a little and if you can flex the crack to put some of it on the edges of the break it should do a good job

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
I had in mind applying pressure to open the crack, carefully drip in the solvent then release.

Yes, thats sort of how I would do it - the stuff is like water so brush it on to the edges and push them together - you can also run the brush along the top/bottom of the crack and it may blend it inso you can't see a crackline

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Good chance as long as no gap. If a gap look a black bumper repair gunge.
Just remembered that I forgot to say thank you as we were away last weekend with terrible data signal.

So... Thank you :)
I'll order some up and hopefully remember to let you know how it goes;)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The plastic weld worked as now seems watertight..but as selling van soon will have to change it after the holiday as crack noticeable. dealer on holiday so waiting on quote, does anyone know where I could get a small sink here please..

Eddie

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I havn't used them Eddie, I just found the link recently when I was looking for a repair to my damaged worktop, but with the help of members on here I managed to do it myself.

John.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I havn't used them Eddie, I just found the link recently when I was looking for a repair to my damaged worktop, but with the help of members on here I managed to do it myself.

John.

got quote eventually from plastic surgeon and it was £350, same price as the supply of a new sink from Possl.:coffee:

anyone know another repair company please. need to get it sorted properly if selling van....

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
just found these people and a far more reasonable rough estimate of £90 + the dreaded. but they are in Somerset? is that in England?:D

Broken Link Removed

anyone used them....

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It will be no good to you but we used a guy up here for our shower tray once, he was a speedy coat agent and have to say what a great job he done with a lifetime garuntee. It cost about £350 for full shower tray so maybe try a speedy coat agent near you he also came to us to do repair.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It will be no good to you but we used a guy up here for our shower tray once, he was a speedy coat agent and have to say what a great job he done with a lifetime garuntee. It cost about £350 for full shower tray so maybe try a speedy coat agent near you he also came to us to do repair.

have just been googling and talked to three companies..awaiting quotes after sending photos. one in Essex favorite (plus they speak my language:D)The others 3 hrs away.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
have just been googling and talked to three companies..awaiting quotes after sending photos. one in Essex favorite (plus they speak my language:D)The others 3 hrs away.

forget Essex! £350 + the dreaded!:censored:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As always with a shower tray is the real problem lack of support underneath. If it can still flex you are wasting your time. If you can work on the underneath a good layer of fibreglass cloth plus resin on the roughed up surface is a proper job. Plus check the support.

Thats how i repaired mine,,very successful,,BUSBY:):)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
You can get one made by Derek Justice and the firm is called GRP Leisure in Derby. His number is 07792607664
He did one for us and it was excellent. Cost about £60

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You can get one made by Derek Justice and the firm is called GRP Leisure in Derby. His number is 07792607664

thanks! the problem with that is getting the thing out..but a useful contact none the less!:)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Judgemental £350 for a sink is not toobad, i have been quoted £90 for a toilet seat

have found a very nice chap that comes recommended by a funster in Somerset £90. another in Shropshire £80. and one in Portsmouth £175. sorry but £350 + the dreaded? taking the proverbial!:cautious:

not sure if I can post commercial links or not......as they may come in handy to others?

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
@Mags52 Derek is making one for us on your recommendation.
We originally took it to the one near Preston (the other number you gave us at Falikirk) but after having it 2 weeks he said he was too busy as he had staff off :swear2:. I rang Derek and he said send me a picture if I have the mould I can do it in a couple of days but he didn't have it so we have posted the basin off to him. He said we should have it back within the week. His attitude was completely the opposite to the other one:) couldn't have been more helpful. Wish we had gone to him in the first place but the other one was quite local.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
thanks! the problem with that is getting the thing out..but a useful contact none the less!:)
Yes we had the same problem... Max ended damaging one of the reich pipe tails but we have got a replacement ready for when the basin returns.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back