Quimper (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Where are you starting from?

If you're starting from Calais it 6h45 mins on tolls versus just over 8 hours non toll depending on traffic. Google maps is your friend. (y)
The only bit of the route that changes is how you get from just North of Rouen to Caen. All the rest is the same.

If you go with tolls Class 2 will be €37,70 from Calais to the Pont du Normandie and then toll free after that.

http://www.autoroutes.fr/en/key-rates.htm

Quimper is a great town whichever route you take, well worth visiting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Or Plymouth - Roscoff ferry puts you about an hour away from Quimper.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Personally, for the sake of £27 I would stick with the tolls and get there quicker. If you've never been over the Pont du Normandie it's worth going over it at least once. Incredible structure.

Also the non toll route involves going through Rouen which I believe, if you catch it wrong, can be a nightmare.

Are you doing the journey in one go or stopping on the way?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I wouldn't go to Quimper again - we stayed on a site full of itinerant workers and marauding barking dogs! Not good memories!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
L' Epee in the main drag, if you are into seafood, there is also a good place just near there near the Market, great for seafood too

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we are near Quimper at the moment most of the motorways in Brittany are toll free. our cost to come down from calais was less than £12 so not worth the bother of avoiding the easiest routes,

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I was wondering that as well

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
appologies guy's; i am using a Sanef Tag, which is debited monthly at the end of the month so my figure is incorrect. The £12 figure was the hop from the Shuttle terminal to just west of Rouen. which was on the 31st May :doh: so the bill i looked at.
then its still pay motorway to just before St Michels Mont so another £12. then its free motorways whichever way you go from there.
sorry for the mistake, in my defense the cidre is too easy to get around here:imoutahere:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I would use the tolls too, we go to central Brittany a lot and have tried the toll free route a couple of times. OK if you want to meander there with lots of stops, but for the sake of a few £££'s ( that you have saved at the fuel pumps in France anyway) I'd rather take the quicker option

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Thanks guys. I'm on the aire at Arramanches tonight used te toll roads this morning. The site is packed it's only 14 places but people are parked in the car park opposite. Hope to make quimper tomorrow

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks guys. I'm on the aire at Arramanches tonight used te toll roads this morning. The site is packed it's only 14 places but people are parked in the car park opposite. Hope to make whimper tomorrow

I like Arromanches. The museum is worth a look if you haven't been. Last time we were there, in February, the aire was like that.

Google thinks about 4 hours with no tolls so you should easily do it tomorrow. Have fun (y)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
The 360 museum/cinema on the hill is excellent - take the little train up there and walk back.

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Well left Arrmanches this morning chucking it down did a slight detour now at Sarezeau with the sun shining may stay for a couple of days see what's about.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Get to Brittany. We are about 10km north of Loudeac, it was 28 degrees at 6pm this evening ( checked it on the van thermometer) and muh hotter during the day. Not a cloud in sight and the crickets are chirping away. Might need another Cap'n Morgan to keep me going........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back