Alloy Wheels And Tyres /where To Buy (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Let me start by saying I am not the greatest fan of alloys on the van but seeing how I am ready for two new tyres I thought I would treat it to a set of shiny new alloys and tyres.Some what look like bargains out there at 500 quid inc tyres for a set of 4 --I know they need to be commercial van alloys --ANYONE got links to suppliers ? Been told there are some around sub 470 for full set but I cannot find them and mate who I would normally ask is away -so it's up to you lot ;):D
thanks in advance (y)
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I should also point out I will be going from 15 ins to 16 ins wheels
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Try ebay some on there with tryes
That's a good call, I think it was Autotrail who recently had plenty of brand new alloys and tyres listed on ebay.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
terry
I did the same, they were very helpful with sorting out the offset, what would fit the Peugeot cab, which is all they can go by, would not fit the coachbuilt part. Measured what I needed, spoke with them and they fitted perfectly. Strangely they did not sell locking bolts, got those locally.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
terry

Can't help with the Alloys mate, got mine off ebay private sale but, As your going from 15 -16inch I've got a lovely carlos fandango wide bore exhaust and come flared arches for ya if your interested.

you could look like this....

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Can't help with the Alloys mate, got mine off ebay private sale but, As your going from 15 -16inch I've got a lovely carlos fandango wide bore exhaust and come flared arches for ya if your interested.

you could look like this....

:D:LOL::D
Will bide my time until I get in touch with mate --If not it will be having a couple of new tyres for now :rolleyes:Be my luck to buy new tyres then a set will come along :)No rush once I make it known I want a set some will turn up be it from the scrappy or I have a couple of mates of mates that refurb wheels --Just may settle for 15 ins if I buy tyres :LOL: or just tyres :(
terry

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
eBay...

Search for Team Dynamics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 33
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Was going to do the same and got some good advice from @Brian and Jo re fitting oversize 225/65 r16.
Found some cheap alloys from eBay but in the end could not justify the cost of 5 so replaced just the tyres on original rims.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Take a look here, whole range of heavy duty alloys specific for vans/motorhomes with or without tyres..

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/alloyvan.html

Yes I looked at the wheels on tyresave but I saved money buying on eBay. The seller LKPERFORMANCEPARTS fitted metal stemmed valves at my request and sent them out.

I swapped my existing 6" x 16" tyres onto the new rims (same diameter but .5 inch wider than the Fiat OEM) and sold the old steel wheels on eBay for around ÂŁ45 each (some motorhomes are not supplied with a spare wheel) and the Fiat wheel trims for around ÂŁ30.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
terry
That's something I'd like to do (Hymer on Maxi chassis) but the 15" & 16" wheels have a different PCD. I'd like steel wheels but the thought of needing new hubs is a little off-putting. Or have you found a way around the problem?

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That's the easy bit they make them to fit different centres and stud patterns and heavy duty for vans (y)-The more I look and phone for info the more the price goes up :eek:=bigger wheels =skinny tires = more cash -but skinny tires = rough ride /handling
Landyman has a set of good priced 18 ins wheels/tires(almost new)(y) but I cannot make my mind up on skinny / ride /handling yet -so thinking it over the weekend before I make a decision -(y)Then another funster will have probably jumped in and bought them while I am making up my mind :LOL::D
terry

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I want bigger wheels with standard aspect ratio tyres. The van feels undergeared and the speedo is over 10% fast. I think that when Hymer specified 15" wheels the speedo wasn't changed.

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
Hi. Not sure if you are sorted. Silver lake vehicles. Breakers. They have a large amount with tyres. Amazing how many cars get smashed up at only weeks old. Or having them fitted. They have trucks all over country. Very honest. We use then alot. Botley .hampshire

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back