Rally Chat Shepton Mallet In September (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The last time I marshalled this rally we had 50 vans there, where have they all gone? It was always a fabulous meet.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Will you be "working" there or just holidaying Mr Eddie?

JJ :cool:
Well a little of both to be honest. I did say that we (Van Bitz) wouldn't bother this year, but this produced discontent with the staff. It is only 30 miles away from base for us and "normally" the weather is good and in recent years not too busy.

As a consequence mid to late afternoon a few glasses of wine are consumed (actually rum lol) which we carry on once we have moved across to our motorhomes where we enjoy the afternoon sun, relax and BBQ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We live just down the road near Wells and Eddie is right, it use to be a really good show with loads of trades stalls, dealers and visitors. In recent years both the early year and autumn shows have been very dissapointing. I wrote a couple of time to the "Motorhome show" marketing company about the decline but got no replies.
This show is a celebratory event marking 30 years at the Bath and West so I really hope they pull out all the stops and bring it back to life. For those who stay there are "Bootleg Blondie" on Friday night and "Counterfeit Quo" on Saturday to entertain so provided everything else is not a fake or a flop it should be good.
For the first time in years we will be away touring Scotland at that time so will miss it. So please enjoy and let us know how it went. :smiley:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We are all being well attending this rally have spoken stone leisure
can pay on arrival will post again
when more idea of arrival
going shell island first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
We have booked quoting Funster club on the basis the show will be an improvement from previous. Looking forward to meeting fellow funsters again

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We're quite indifferent to the show, so the sun has to be shining :)

We'll just pay on the day and stay in general camping.

Hope to see some of you there (y)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
we are going. can't decide whether to be day visitors or stay over though

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We went last year and it was a complete waste of time, there was only 1 isle of traders which took less than 20 mins to walk around. I hope it is a lot better this year. The entertainment was good though but you cant compare it to the likes of Malvern / Lincoln they are in a much higher league to this one.

Luckily for us we were able to drive out and visit some national trust places and then return in the evening for the entertainment. Quite a few of the traders we spoke too last time said they wouldnt bother with it again but perhaps it has turned itself around now. Here's hoping.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back