Hymer B534 Truma Boiler Seized Up (1 Viewer)

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Motorhome truma heater is not working properly, as i haven't used the boiler for hot water for 2 years, i tried to heat water and nothing comes out of hot tap, its spitting brown drops of water, the cold tap works ok, so does the blow air heating......i think there maybe a blockage, i tried to suck the air out the tap but nothing works? Also the green light on the switch by the wardrobe will not go on? Checked fuses, got full gas, only works on 12v turned on and off lots of times, fans on the boiler are noisy maybe need changing? I am at a loss, in Cornwall, think i might have to put into workshop.....any other ideas from anyone before i spend a fortune....:(

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Motorhome truma heater is not working properly, as i haven't used the boiler for hot water for 2 years, i tried to heat water and nothing comes out of hot tap, its spitting brown drops of water, the cold tap works ok, so does the blow air heating......

Have you also opened the shower and hand basin taps as the air must be out of all of them before it will work properly.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
If it is an Ultrastore the immersion heater may be blown they like house ones they wear out with clean water constantly washing over them, also is the water pump working

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The hot air works, the pump works. Thanks all looks like ill be checking into a workshop soon.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Open the dump valve, and view both the flow and the colour of the water coming out.
If no water flow, then hot water tank is not primed. Close valve and start again.

If water is brown (as you described from the tap), try flushing through. I am assuming you have the Truma Trumatic C system.

Good luck with it,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The water is clear on the cold tap....just a splattering of brown on the hot tap, so if i dump how will that help, the hot water tap in bathroom also has no flow but ok with the cold?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I would talk to LeisureshopDirect. They sell replacement water containers for the Truma C3402/6002 range (assuming that is what you have). It might be possible to replace the damaged part rather than buy a new unit which will be a different model as the C series is no longer made.

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes its the C3402 i found out today that it is no longer made....ive been trawling the net for a boiler, so expensive, i wouldn't know what part doesn't work, so I'm going to flush the water system tomorrow again and see what happens, if nothing will have to have a good think on what to do, thanks for the info ill get in touch with the leisure shop.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
My suggestion is...
Familiarise yourself with the boiler then once you know how it all works and is not working... Make sure you're on hook up.. Have gas on.. Water in your water supply and call truma technical on 01283 586020.. They are quite helpful... But in Derby so a bit far for you

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Already done that and they say i need new boiler.....anyways been messing about this morning and now i have no blow air heating.....if i decide to sell the van should i get it fixed or sell as it is, thats the question? Thanks all for your comments....

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hooray hot water now sorted, don't need a new boiler.......so happy :)
Awwwwww, come on Queenie, don't leve it like that. What was the cause of the boiler not working properly, and the lack of hot water?

It'll help those of us with the same ageing Truma systems, should we experience the same faults. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Pleased it has been rectified but also would appreciate knowing what the cause was, even if it was finger trouble (y)
Norman.

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Seemed like the boiler is working perfectly, it took 2 weeks keep turning the hot water tap on to get the water to come through, once it did, i was able to heat water and hey presto...all is working....gather the engineer who came to see it just wanted me to pay out for a new boiler. So the moral of this story is keep trying.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back