LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have an AT and there is a clipboard thing in the middle of the dashboard. Is this meant to raise up? Im sure the one on our first Fiat did.
I just cant seem to raise it at all. Wonder if theres a knack in it I dont want to pull it too hard incase I break it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Funnily enough I was looking at ours today, we have a 'non-Fiat' radio so whereas a Fiat one would normally fill the whole of the opening for the radio, ours is in 2 sections (see below).

185_10b.jpg

The bottom slot now has the radio in and the top part just a cubby hole so today I took it out and had a look then proceeded to remove the clipboard bit (just 2 screws). Once it was out I couldn't see any reason why it couldn't still be a lift up one as there's nothing there to prevent it ... I always assumed it was because some of the 'gubbings' to do with the passenger air bag was under there hence why it couldn't be lifted, but there's nowt there! Possibly a cost cutting exercise by Fiat now? Unfortunately as the board is tapered it can't be turned round either to have the clip nearer.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The fixed one has no lifting mechanism Mel. If you really wanted it to lift you can find them on ebay but the passenger may suffer a burst or incorrectly deployed bag if it is raised on impact :LOL:
EDIT
Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The fixed one has no lifting mechanism Mel. If you really wanted it to lift you can find them on ebay but the passenger may suffer a burst or incorrectly deployed bag if it is raised on impact :LOL:
EDIT
Broken Link Removed
No I wasn't thinking of having it lifting, but being able to use the clip at the point closest to us (ie for the sat nav base) but unfortunately it can't be reversed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
No I wasn't thinking of having it lifting, but being able to use the clip at the point closest to us (ie for the sat nav base) but unfortunately it can't be reversed.

If you don't want to damage the plastic surface we used to use a piece of perspex clipped under the spring clip and mounted our dashcam on it however we now use one of the flat rubber "sat nav" mount thingys () fitted same way (it's almost exactly the same size as the clipboard panel).
And agree, couldn't really understand the logic of it not being able to lift however the local Fiat Commercial workshop manager said he believed it was to do with the passenger airbag as if activated may burst on the edge of the panel or could, perhaps dislodge it sideways making a projectile heading towards the driver. His supposition though and not a Fiat statement.

We have an AT and there is a clipboard thing in the middle of the dashboard. Is this meant to raise up? Im sure the one on our first Fiat did.
I just cant seem to raise it at all. Wonder if theres a knack in it I dont want to pull it too hard incase I break it.

Sandra, think your Apache is a 2011 and therefore has a fixed panel as per TheBig1 and Tonka.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Well that has reassured me! We changed MH recently and I have been struggling to open the clipboard on our new to us Rapido.
So thanks for the ? And the answers!!
Chris

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
If you don't want to damage the plastic surface we used to use a piece of perspex clipped under the spring clip and mounted our dashcam on it however we now use one of the flat rubber "sat nav" mount thingys () fitted same way (it's almost exactly the same size as the clipboard panel).
And agree, couldn't really understand the logic of it not being able to lift however the local Fiat Commercial workshop manager said he believed it was to do with the passenger airbag as if activated may burst on the edge of the panel or could, perhaps dislodge it sideways making a projectile heading towards the driver. His supposition though and not a Fiat statement.

Sandra, think your Apache is a 2011 and therefore has a fixed panel as per TheBig1 and Tonka.
We use one of these for our Dash cam and it works really well, I placed the front edge of the mat just under the clip and it never moved all the way to IoW and back despite some awful road surfaces
Chris

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We use one of these for our Dash cam and it works really well, I placed the front edge of the mat just under the clip and it never moved all the way to IoW and back despite some awful road surfaces
Chris
That's it!!!!!:eek:
I'm pursuing you for breach of patent rights!:p

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
however we now use one of the flat rubber "sat nav" mount thingys () fitted same way (it's almost exactly the same size as the clipboard panel).
I asked the same question when we were at Vanbitz as I had previously bought a 'Dashpod' at the NEC and couldn't work out how to fix it on, as the sales lady assured me that if I had a Boxer the clipboard would lift up. I was told the same thing, that Peugeot had rethought the safety aspect of the clipboards once passenger airbags were fitted as standard. But I have just ordered one of the mats, so thank you for the link! (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
OI!!, Wait your turn. First picture Here is from 2007 :D;)
But ours is much more technically inferior to yours!
Your patent was to prescriptive in the technical aspects eg (got dimensions data, etc) so we got round it by dumbing it down!
So there.:p:p:p

Now off to pursue @Gerri19 who's, obviously, liable for patent usage fees!(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back