Wave If Your Happy ? (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I know I may be a little old fashioned or something like that. But enjoying travelling in my Accent I thought it would be nice to wave to those in their motorhomes on the road as we pass one another by...sadly :worried:very few want to wave back.
Maybe some are concerned that I am the loon :nerd:who mum warned them about, maybe they are sleepdriving :snooze: or maybe they are not enjoying the freedom that motorhomes give to them ? But if you do feel the urge smile and :hi:wave to one another :hi:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I always wave..... not only at other motorhomes but also small buses, delivery vans and the smaller horse boxes. Sometimes I forget and wave when I am driving the car, on my bike or even walking!!!!! :)

EDIT: And I especially wave at other ducks. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We don't wave at VW camper vans though - gave that up a long time ago as they never wave back. (Cue anti Hymer owner thread deviation...........)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have MHF stickers on windscreen and rear window of the motorhome. I also have an MHF card in the silly clipboard that Fiat have on the dashboard. Can't think of another use for said clipboard to be honest :) as it is fixed in plae.

Deleted User
After reading a few things about waving, we tried it on our trip last week to test new van, and I have to be completely honest, unless it was an older style Mh or car I couldn't really even make out the driver or passenger clearly never mind tell if they were waving at us :(
Might have been the sun or something but most windscreens seemed to be dark and couldn't see in. Nige said the same couldn't see through the windscreen glass.
We did manage a couple of waves when going very slow such as junctions and got some back, but travelling along roads couldn't see inside.

Lin

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We wave...... at most things.....

I always wave..... not only at other motorhomes but also small buses, delivery vans and the smaller horse boxes. Sometimes I forget and wave when I am driving the car, on my bike or even walking!!!!! :)

EDIT: And I especially wave at other ducks. ::bigsmile:
I thought you two just flapped your wings.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Like this you mean Graham?
waving duck.jpg

Reactions: GJH

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I get arm ache coming away from Home in Dover as there are TO MANY of the buggers going off to enjoy themselves abroad.
Can I buy a waving hand to put into the screen?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife is a waver.

I do sometimes but always give the single finger salute to the miserable sods who don't return my wife's waves.(y)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Yay, another waving thread.... I'm a waver and I'm proud of it! Spread the waving love! :hi:

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
After reading a few things about waving, we tried it on our trip last week to test new van, and I have to be completely honest, unless it was an older style Mh or car I couldn't really even make out the driver or passenger clearly never mind tell if they were waving at us :(
Might have been the sun or something but most windscreens seemed to be dark and couldn't see in. Nige said the same couldn't see through the windscreen glass.
We did manage a couple of waves when going very slow such as junctions and got some back, but travelling along roads couldn't see inside.

Lin

Disappointingly, I've found exactly the same. :crying1:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We waved and got waved at most of the time in our last Motorhome. It had a Luton cab. Bed above the driving bit .
Since we've had one similar to yours @sylvester1954 @Milliemobile a Peugeot xlwb panel van conversion. We don't get waved at unless it's a PVC. :(
Oh well . We'll live....

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We're away at the mo and all through France, Switzerland and Italy nearly every Motorhome we have waved at we have had a positive response from, must be cos we drive a Hymer I Recone:giggler:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:hi: We wave at most things but often miss the pvc's, we found that waving at things we thought were pvc's turned out to be work vans 95% of the time:crying:
I don't care whether people return the wave - we know we've waved:LOL:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
we wave a lot too but sometimes its hard to get a wave back, we always found a flash of the headlights then a wave got more of a response, however last week end while down Pembroke i got fed up of being ignored an just stopped waving - god there are miserable gits out there on the road, after passing god knows how many MH i just didnt bother but i felt really guilty when the odd one or two waved at us first an i never waved back :(

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
@Toxic Clown it's cos your a PVC. We've only been out in ours a handful of times , with it not being finished . We've really noticed a difference on the waving front. :(

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I always wave back, but the PVC's are hard to spot, it's not until they have nearly passed that you spot a TV aerial, of the fridge vents on the side, and then it's to late. I'm trying to stop waving at couriers, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :D

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I wave but around here you rarely get one returned. Last year on the way to the UK we got the other side of Rouen before anyone waved back. I'd put the nephew in charge of waving long before then ! He wanted one of the robotic flag wavers we've seen in Northern Spain at roadworks.:D

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We wave, well he does, sometimes I'm in my own lttle world and don't realise until it' too late. France is worse as their small horse boxes look like MHs'!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We waved and got waved at most of the time in our last Motorhome. It had a Luton cab. Bed above the driving bit .
Since we've had one similar to yours @sylvester1954 @Milliemobile a Peugeot xlwb panel van conversion. We don't get waved at unless it's a PVC. :(
Oh well . We'll live....

I always wave (when I see the other camper in time) but have to confess that I sometimes miss PVCs as they are not obviously a Motothome untill we get close and it can then be too late.
Also, if my attention is taken by something up ahead I can miss a wave from someone coming towards me. :hi:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We wave, well he does, sometimes I'm in my own lttle world and don't realise until it' too late. France is worse as their small horse boxes look like MHs'!
I'm sure the horse appreciates it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back