Damon Daybreak wheel nuts (1 Viewer)

D

dazza

Deleted User
Hi, any1 know what size socket we need for our Damon Daybreak wheel nuts, she is on a workhorse chassis powered by GM 8.1 litre V8 2001. Not had a blowout yet and hopefully never will but if we do like my mate did coming back from south of France last year, his passenage front tyre blewout on his holiday rambler in front of me! they changed the wheel within 30 minutes and we were back on our way! we always check the tyre pressures before any trip!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Come on Boys
This blokes been standing in the ironmongers for nearly 22 Hrs waiting to buy a socket :Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Come on Boys
This blokes been standing in the ironmongers for nearly 22 Hrs waiting to buy a socket :Doh:

I can only say what I did..
if you cannot remove a nut for a sample then take a measurement with callipers across the flats, then go to a tool store and find the equivalent metric size.. I would advise 3/4" drive and buy a T bar and 10" extension piece to reach the rear wheel nuts.

If it's slightly too big or small they will exchange it ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi, any1 know what size socket we need for our Damon Daybreak wheel nuts, she is on a workhorse chassis powered by GM 8.1 litre V8 2001. Not had a blowout yet and hopefully never will but if we do like my mate did coming back from south of France last year, his passenage front tyre blewout on his holiday rambler in front of me! they changed the wheel within 30 minutes and we were back on our way! we always check the tyre pressures before any trip!

Sorry don't know the socket size you would need for your vehicle , just measure the distance across the flats of the wheel nut::bigsmile:

Regards

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
hi forestboy,

so, what size is it?

des

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
wheel nut size

most are 1 inch AF,(you will need a deep socket for the rears) assuming you have a p30 chassis with coil spring front suspension, I did come across one however at the newark show that I suspect has had new wheel nuts fitted which were 1 1/16 AF. (bugsy's rockwood) The wheel trim jam nuts I use a SINGLE hex deep 30mm socket.
Dunc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dazza

Deleted User
Sorted! 1 inch socket fits, now to get the wheel nut undone, the wheels have been on it for 9 years!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back