Free Member
Jan 11, 2009
West Sussex in England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nearly a year
Went to Crazy Lane nr Battle on Sat night to test out the Swift. Sat at home as weather was cr*p but as it brightened up we decided to go. Sat Nav tried to take us down a 6' 6" except for access, but ignored her and decided to set to truck mode once on site!
Site was not as I had imagined from the pics on their website, but we were their to test everything out. 1st thing when we arrived Mrs Colpot wanted to see the Grand National. I set everything up, and in My quest for a better picture I decided I might extend the antenna that are on the ariel. mmm...how to get enough height so that I can reach out through the skylight?....I know, I'll pull the bed out and stand on it....
Lesson: The bed is for laying on, not standing on!!!:Eeek:
Anyway I'll fix that later. After we watched our selections a)get fall at the first b)get pulled up half way round, and c)come in 4th (Why didnt you back it each way?):Doh:
Oven worked well and eveything else tested ok:thumb:. At bedtime the new design after the stand on test meant a support was made out of the levelling chocks and a bottle of Sterilizing Fluid. A good nights sleep and it was time to test the shower. Boiler worked really well and hot water was very hot! Mrs Colpot was in the shower when it started to splutter:whatthe: and Mrs Colpot emerged in mid shower, conditioner applied, in need of further rinsing. We realised we had run out of water. Not to worry, I had made up a hose for filling up - unfortunately the hose was shorter than the distance to the tap, and the ground round the tap was a tad boggy:Sad:. I had to fill the tank using the trusty 10 litre water carrier and funnel with hose.
Sunday afternoon we spent making good the bed which now looks stronger than ever with various brackets fitted and screws moved.hardhat

Now....where to go for Easter Weekend.........

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I decided I might extend the antenna that are on the ariel. mmm...how to get enough height so that I can reach out through the skylight?

I'm 99.99% sure that the pull out aerials are just for VHF radio.

If a bed can't take a person standing on it how can you make mad passionate love on it ? I'm sure Mrs Colpot will agree.

Send it back, not fit for purpose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Crazy Lane is actually owned by one our old employees!:thumb: well he is not actually old but he used to work for us.

Peter

OP
OP
colpot

colpot

Free Member
Jan 11, 2009
West Sussex in England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nearly a year
I'm 99.99% sure that the pull out aerials are just for VHF radio.

If a bed can't take a person standing on it how can you make mad passionate love on it ? I'm sure Mrs Colpot will agree.

Send it back, not fit for purpose.

Thanks, I'll ignore the pull out ariels. As for sending it back not fit for purpose, I am now explaining to Mrs Colpot that it only applies to inanimate objects, not Husbands::bigsmile:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We stayed at Crazy lane for two nights last week whilst having our 'van's habitation and vehicle service at John's Cross.
TV reception is almost non-existant, except if you are on the higher terraces and happen to have a twenty foot pole for a freestanding ariel.
Each pitch has its own water supply, just how long/short was your hose Colpot!?
Showers are wet rooms which are very good when the hot water eventually gets through.

Site has its own personal frost supply as its in a small steep dale.

OP
OP
colpot

colpot

Free Member
Jan 11, 2009
West Sussex in England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nearly a year
We stayed at Crazy lane for two nights last week whilst having our 'van's habitation and vehicle service at John's Cross.
TV reception is almost non-existant, except if you are on the higher terraces and happen to have a twenty foot pole for a freestanding ariel.
Each pitch has its own water supply, just how long/short was your hose Colpot!?
Showers are wet rooms which are very good when the hot water eventually gets through.

Site has its own personal frost supply as its in a small steep dale.

We were down on the hard standings in front of the shower block, and found TV reception passable. Hose was too short by only a few feet - bought a 15mtr hose on Sunday at B&Q so shouldnt have a problem now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back