Just Washed Van Bloody Insects (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Washed the van today first chance I've had since returning from our 6 week trip.
Washing the van took about an hour, trying to clean the remains of insects from the front panel 2 hours hard polishing.
Not one for cleaning when we're travelling but I can see the sense in keeping a small spray type bottle of cleaner just for the front.
Saw loads in Italy doing just that and they certainly didn't work as hard as me after 6 weeks and 4000 miles. Worst still it still isn't anywhere near perfect and probably needs another hour or so to get it properly clean. Good job it's only the front panel not the whole van eh!!
Bloody knackered now might open a bottle of nice French cidre.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Pity we can't get those clear peel off things for front panels like you can get for motorcycle helmets! Just peel off when covered in insects. Now, where did I put my application form for Dragons Den......

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
5min job with this stuff(y)
282103.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Did mine today also after 6 weeks away and it took me 6 hours !!!! And not yet polished but looking good

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I cleaned our van on Tuesday with Onedrywash as usual. We had just returned from 3 weeks away but the van hadn't been cleaned since before the Peterborough show because of bad weather and other matters between the two trips.
I was pleasantly surprised how well the Onedrywash dealt with the dead insects. It took a bit of elbow grease but not bad considering.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Washed the van today first chance I've had since returning from our 6 week trip.
Washing the van took about an hour, trying to clean the remains of insects from the front panel 2 hours hard polishing.

Hah, see! there is a good reason to drive a little slower...... the flies don't stick so much ;)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Did mine today also after 6 weeks away and it took me 6 hours !!!! And not yet polished but looking good

Didn't polish mine either only do that once a year this was just an outside wash still got the inside to do. That's next weeks job. We're gonna empty all cupboards and lockers as well this time and declutter.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I use Autoglym rapid Detailer on the front and the flies lift off a treat, the Detailer is not cheap but you can buy 5 litres of clay bar lubricant which is actually the same thing and brings the price right down, just fill an old bottle, also good for a quick wipe down dry wash style.

Martin

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
If you've never heard it before, what's the last thing that goes through an insects brain when it hits the windscreen, it's backside, and that's what splashes and makes them stick, the little stewards :LOL::whistle:

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back