Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Our mixer tap is leaking from its main body, possibly frost damage.:cry:
I am led to believe that these units are non repairable, is this correct.???
Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

Brisey

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Brisey

Would you believe it - we have exactly the same tap and exactly the same problem. Just dropped ours off at Pickwick Caravans near Melksham for repair/replacement. I'll keep you posted but would expect it to be a new tap.

Cheers

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Take the lever off , see if the valve needs tightening up:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Our mixer tap is leaking from its main body, possibly frost damage.:cry:
I am led to believe that these units are non repairable, is this correct.???
Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.
Brisey

If all else fails, we have these in stock, £45 less 5% Funster discount

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In my experience caravan taps are overpriced and not nearly as good as a domestic.

Our's broke a couple of years ago, mixing handle came right off, but rather than replace with another van tap I bought a chromed, solid brass domestic mixer from B&Q .. wasn't a lot cheaper but far superior quality ...

unfortunately if you have micro switch taps you've got no choice..

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If all else fails, we have these in stock, £45 less 5% Funster discount

Link Removed
Hi John,

That looks exactly like out mixer kitchen tap, made by Reich, as fitted to our Hymer. It is micro switched.
We were quoted almost £90 for a replacement, :Eeek: but can't remember who from.

I managed to source a contact at Reich for spares, when we were at the Dusseldorf show, as all we needed was a new micro switch and a flipper. :thumb:

Jock.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi John,

That looks exactly like out mixer kitchen tap, made by Reich, as fitted to our Hymer. It is micro switched.
We were quoted almost £90 for a replacement, :Eeek: but can't remember who from.

I managed to source a contact at Reich for spares, when we were at the Dusseldorf show, as all we needed was a new micro switch and a flipper. :thumb:

Jock.

sell them Link Removed

£48

Regards

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I had two off these fail in a Swift c/van fortunately they were replaced under warranty.
Surely there is a design fault, or are they a cheap tap sold at a high cost.

Andy

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Taps

Brisey we have a autosleeper Symbol our tap leaked a year ago I repaired it and touch wood it is still ok.

Remove the tap top lever by slackening the recessed allen screw undo the locking ring holding the spout and slide upwards the spout body in the bottom the was a plastic washer which had split I could not get a replacement so I superglued it it looks like a flat O ring.

I greased the tap with washing up liquid to get the spout body back down it took some pushing.:ROFLMAO:

remember to switch the pump off.

Regards Alf

Last edited:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I've just said thanks Alf, but sadly your instructions on how to remove the top of the tap came too late to save me a bill from Pickwick Caravans! I couldn't work out how to get inside our faulty tap and didn't want to make a relatively minor leak much worse just before the Easter hols.

Anyway, Pickwick have replaced the tap, moved the new one to a better position so we can now close the sink cover, and sorted out a problem with the gas part of our water heater so all's well that ends well.

Will remember your repair tips next time we have any bother, though.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I have a leaking pigtail for one of these taps do you know where i can get a replacment as only seem to sell the full thing

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We have similarly had leaky tap problems and having managed to get it apart have not been able to find the problem, I suspect it is in the bit you can't get too easily. Unfortunately JC don't stock the tap we have and I am reluctant to fit a different one so have forked out for an exact replacement from another supplier without the 5% discount. Spares are available for these taps from

Drew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back