Funster Elvis 1709 - "the Nearly Man" (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Hi Funsters,

As a Funster of some years, I am better known for doing my Elvis tribute acts at various Motorhome Fun Rallies, notably The Bring & Buy at The Cotton Arms Wrenbury and The Rally at Corfe Castle in Dorset. However, as another string to my bow, I became an author last year and my 1st book "The Nearly Man" is an autobiography telling the story of my early years as a Monk on a Scottish Monastery and it tells the story of my 10 years in that life and the massive decision to eventually leave. All that have read it so far have enjoyed the read and the story. If anyone is interested n reading the book it is available in paperback from Austin McCauley Publishers. Go to www.austinmccauley.com and in the search engine type in "The Nearly Man" by J.S.Nearey. It is £7.99 and all the proceeds go to Cancer Research. It will eventually be available in kindle version but not at present.

Let me know if you are interested or have any comments

Best Wishes
Motorhome Funster
Steve - Elvis1709

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Talk about a change in direction on the road to Damascus! :)

Good luck with the book....

OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Talk about a change in direction on the road to Damascus! :)

Good luck with the book....
Yes, quite a change! In fact my 2nd book which is the process of writing is to be called "Nearly Elvis". That will be for next year,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
In all my years on this planet I can honestly 'fess up' to Never having finished a single book.

I got awfully close once, then would you believe it, I ran out of yellow.........:doh:

OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
I am confused!

I bought the "Nearly Man" in its Kindle version after meeting Steve at Twin Lakes... an excellent read.

JJ :cool:
JJ thanks for those kind comments. The version you read was the original Amazon version without illustrations. It has been updated since and the new version via Austin McCauley will be available soon. Top man J.J. especially as you are a fellow blue! [ Thats Manchester City, not Chelsea!!]

OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
In all my years on this planet I can honestly 'fess up' to Never having finished a single book.

I got awfully close once, then would you believe it, I ran out of yellow.........:doh:
Popeye,
I have a confession too! After the age of 22, I never read a book for 44 years until I wrote my autobiography!! Since then I have had the bug and I have read 4 books, 2 about Man.City and 2 about Elvis!! Sad isn't it?

OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
am just wondering if you'd be bringing any copies with you to the meet in dorset for us to buy from you, if you can please put my name down for one.. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

That reminds me:) fire @ Wayne Rooney house recently..it destroyed his library. Both his books were destroyed, he was desolate! as he had only finished colouring in one of em!:D

OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
am just wondering if you'd be bringing any copies with you to the meet in dorset for us to buy from you, if you can please put my name down for one.. :)
Hi Dryad, sure thing! I'll have copies with me at Dorset Rally. Looking forward t seeing you there.
Steve

OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
thank you steve, are you going to mister mo's bagwell meet too, if so will see you there too..(y)
Hi Dread
Love to go to Old Mo's do but have other commitments . Really looking forward to Corfe Castle though. See you then.
Steve

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Popeye,
I have a confession too! After the age of 22, I never read a book for 44 years until I wrote my autobiography!! Since then I have had the bug and I have read 4 books, 2 about Man.City and 2 about Elvis!! Sad isn't it?
The two about City didn't take to long read then
Good luck with the book(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
"Old thread alert" BUT it's worth a plug anyway(y)

I have just finished reading @Elvis1709 aka Steve's book "The Nearly Man" I got it off him at our Shrewsbury vintage rally and it is indeed an interesting read, I now wish I had taken his advice and got part two at the same time.

I started reading the book in Jen's Mum's back garden just after the Shrewsbury meet and when Steve described his schooling at Erdington Abbey I realised that I was less than a mile away at Wylde Green.

Anyway must get part two "from Monk to ELVIS"

Martin

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
Elvis1709
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Hi Martin,
Great to hear from you after our Shrewsbury Funster Rally, excellently marshalled by your good self! Glad you enjoyed "The Nearly Man" and that the book brought you back some good local memories of Erdington and The Abbey. The sequel book "From Monk to Elvis" is available on Amazon books. Just go to the site and search "From Monk to Elvis" and it will come up. You can get next day delivery. Alternatively, if you are going to Malvern Rally I will be on the "Parrotsol" stall, or just call me: 07787 532191. I will have books with me. Look forward to seeing you and The Funsters again. Best Wishes. Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back