Connector Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I'm gonna push the boat out and buy a folding solar panel to supplement the one on the roof.

But they come with crocodile clips to connect to the leisure batteries, which could be a pain.

So I want to have wires direct from the batteries which will reach outside with connectors on the ends to connect to the wires from the panel to make life easier.

But have no idea what sort of connectors are available or what I need.

Thanks in advance :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oppps...wrong one shown....trying to find the right one.

Cant go wrong with the correct connectors.

Designed so you cant connect wrongly.

Broken Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry cant find the joined pairs but 2 x pairs of these will do the trick....same thing but not joined in pairs.
put a male on one panel wire (neg) and a female on the other (pos) then the opposites on the battery leads.

Broken Link Removed

Just a thought though......if the panel is more than 50 watts you will need to connect to existing controller or have a second one for this panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Broken Link Removed

Just a thought though......if the panel is more than 50 watts you will need to connect to existing controller or have a second one for this panel.
Cheers. Gonna buy a full kit which comes with a controller :)

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
I used a 20amp DIN plug and socket. There was room in the EHU socket box (the swing out type) for the socket and with 5 metre of heavy cable on the 100 watt folding panel it just plugs in when required and looks neat. Only downside for us is the panel in its case is heavy and bulky, the one on the roof is always available but we can be heavy users at times.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
personally I would use anderson connectors
Broken Link Removed

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi yoric my battery's are under the seat so I brought out two wires from the batteries to the underside of the van via an in line fuse ..I used the smallest Anderson connectors to make the connection between panel and batteries. . You can get waterproof cover for the connector that is located in my case just under the front passage door ..overkill maybe but works well.

this HTML class. Value is http://m.ebay.co.uk/
Ta andy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a portable panel when we had our first van, bought from Solar Solutions. It came with a cable connected to the panel and a cable to connect to the battery terminals using O ring connectors. In use the two cables were connected using a standard S plug and socket. I used the same arrangement when cabling my newly acquired VAWT a few weeks ago.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
personally I would use anderson connectors
Broken Link Removed
Yes very good BUT be sure to buy one with connectors suitable for the cable size used (y)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...6mm.TRS0&_nkw=anderson+connector+6mm&_sacat=0
I use for connecting my tyre compressor but the pins are for 6mm
CA_06291415131501-L.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back