Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Just woken up.

Today we pick up our new (to us) motorhome! It is our first one and we are very excited. Bought from a small dealer selling pre loved motorhomes we have been told to expect 2 hours for handover, which I am taking as a good sign.

Should have it on the drive later as only 40 miles away. Weekend in the lakes next weekend to try everything properly before France in July

Very excited!

Jen

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Thanks - but the lake district, peak district, north wales, etc all only about 90 minutes from us, very lucky. One of the reasons for the purchase is the ease of weekends away.

Jen

Great news, and really exciting times, but why so far for a shakedown.

There is tons to learn and experience, and it's all made easier by being closer to home, why not stay really local for the first trip, then if you forgotten something it's an easy fix,

It took us a few years to realise that you don't need to trave far for a weekend break, and sometimes the shorter the journey the better as the BBQ is on and wine bottle open earlier :)

Have a great first trip wherever you choose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Great news, and really exciting times, but why so far for a shakedown.

There is tons to learn and experience, and it's all made easier by being closer to home, why not stay really local for the first trip, then if you forgotten something it's an easy fix,

It took us a few years to realise that you don't need to trave far for a weekend break, and sometimes the shorter the journey the better as the BBQ is on and wine bottle open earlier :)

Have a great first trip wherever you choose
The lake district for us isn't far - for someone like me who does about 22000 miles a year in my car then 75 miles to the lakes is nothing! After all we did Merseyside to the Pyrenees and back in 5 days!

Jen

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
The lakes is a regular for us too as we live in Leyland. If you want somewhere nearer that is in a quiet, lovely village with 2 fab pubs, great views and walks, oh and a farm shop full of local goodies then I could recommend Brickhouses in Chipping. It's about 5 miles off junction 31 on the M6. Fabulous couple that owns it, Tim and Linda.

Wherever you go enjoy it.

Upvote 0

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
7.5 miles is a long way for a shakedown outing.

Have a great time and trust all goes well.

Enjoy your new toy and hobby.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Have to say the garage were very good yesterday when we picked up. Full handover to show everything with all questions answered.
As promised new MOT, service, habitation check etc had been done, new 13kg gas bottle, extra long ehu lead supplied, new awning fitted and twin rear camera as agreed at sale.

Slight issue with fridge not running on gas, they were gutted as said it had been when checked. The offered several options.........
1. Pay and collect another day when circuit board had been changed (they are sure this is the issue)
2. They would lend us a car to go home in and deliver MH when sorted going back themselves in car (we had got a lift up there)
3. Take MH now and they would come to the house to repair when board arrives.

We opted for 3 since it meant we could start kitting out etc and I have no doubt they will do this (full 6 month warranty anyway) and we have fitters details in case he hasn't phoned in a couple of days.

Overall very happy with the garage, hopefully fridge will be sorted this week.

Jen

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The lakes is a regular for us too as we live in Leyland. If you want somewhere nearer that is in a quiet, lovely village with 2 fab pubs, great views and walks, oh and a farm shop full of local goodies then I could recommend Brickhouses in Chipping. It's about 5 miles off junction 31 on the M6. Fabulous couple that owns it, Tim and Linda.

Wherever you go enjoy it.
This sounds lovely. Is there a river or lake nearby please? I just love being near water when I go away in van.

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
This sounds lovely. Is there a river or lake nearby please? I just love being near water when I go away in van.
There are lots of streams that run through the fields but no large rivers or lakes that I know of.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
That is great sounds like you have a responsible dealer. Hope you really enjoy your new MH and it meets all your expectations.
Ashley & Ian

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Maybe, when the fridge is fixed and you are totally happy, then you could name and (praise, not shame) the dealer in question. We see a lot of posts about XYZ dealer giving people the bums rush so it makes a very nice change to balance the scales a little bit...... Enjoy it all, anyway

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
No problem at all. Fitter been out and fixed fridge as arranged this afternoon. Said it looked like it just needed a service as never been used on gas!

Bought from motorlands in Preston. Small place just doing preloved motorhomes. Father and 2 sons who own it have been great. They even phoned mid week to check we were still happy and was there anything else we wanted the service bloke to look at while he was coming over.

Jen

Upvote 0

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I have dealt with Motorlands before, and agree they are very good.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back