Nature Pure Fresh Water Filter (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
HI Guys,

I bought a Nature Pure water filter yesterday and had a look at the van today to sort out where it fits in best with my plumbing.

Now as it is an American product the pipe sizes/threads are different, the supplied T piece is no use as I have John Guest 12 mm polypipe. I don't want to fit the extra tap so the tail comming down from the sink tap will not fit either.

Has anyone else fitted one of these in a european? If so where did you get the pipe fittings and adapters.

Also Can anyone tell me what the pipe thread is on the Nature pure filter housing.

Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dane,
think you may have to take a short piece of YOUR pipe to a plumbers merchant and see if they have any reducers/enlargers.

if you fit in the main cold tap feed you will filter ALL cold water and the filter element wont last as long as if should.

the water flow rate is very much slower than your normal tap due to the very fine filter.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Dane,
think you may have to take a short piece of YOUR pipe to a plumbers merchant and see if they have any reducers/enlargers.

if you fit in the main cold tap feed you will filter ALL cold water and the filter element wont last as long as if should.

the water flow rate is very much slower than your normal tap due to the very fine filter.

Did exactly that today John, all the local boys know what the fittings and pipe are (John Guest) but say it is a funny size, looking on internet it seems that they are peculier to the motorhome/caravan industry. Loads of fittings on E-bay but no adapters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Sorry can't really help on the MH but had one fitted at home where we used to live and the fittings are a pain. Not sure of the type but the basic problem is the filter (Being American) will be all be Imperial whereas your pipe fittings are all Metric but as mentioned above someone like your local 'Plumb Centre' will sort you out (Well they did for me anyway)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
HI Guys,

I bought a Nature Pure water filter yesterday and had a look at the van today to sort out where it fits in best with my plumbing.

Now as it is an American product the pipe sizes/threads are different, the supplied T piece is no use as I have John Guest 12 mm polypipe. I don't want to fit the extra tap so the tail comming down from the sink tap will not fit either.

Has anyone else fitted one of these in a european? If so where did you get the pipe fittings and adapters.

Also Can anyone tell me what the pipe thread is on the Nature pure filter housing.

Thanks

I fitted the very same product to my van (2002 Swift 630G) 12 months ago best thing I have added next to the S.O.G. to the toilet cassette. and I had no problems whatsoever took me all of 20 minutes to complete the work.:winky:

Doug

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
nature pure filter

Where did you purchase it from? if it was general ecology they should be able to supply you with the correct fittings.
Dunc.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Where did you purchase it from? if it was general ecology they should be able to supply you with the correct fittings.
Dunc.

I got it from Brownhills Canterbury, didn't think to ask what fittings I would need. Been to the local camping and caravan store, they don't do the fittings either.

I know I can sort it next week when the trade guys open, just hoped someone else had solved the problem and knew what adapters where needed and where to get them.

Thanks for all the advice anyway.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I got the fittihgs from an independent caravan dealer,who unfortunatly have now closed. he found fittings with no trouble. I think they were Whale fittings but not sure.

It is best used wih a tap on it's own a) to make the filter cartridge last longer as you need only filter water used for drinling. b) flow rate for all taps would be to slow.

Dave:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Eureka!!!!!!

just remembered Dane.

the 'T' piece is 12mm sized for the main feed pipe but it is american sized for the filter connection pipe on the side connection.

they are not a very tight fit until it gets some water pressure behind it then it self seals.

it really is worth fitting the new tap as the flow is painfully slow.

couldnt fit mine near the sink 'cos of the glass cover so i fitted it next to the bathroom sink. slight inconvenience having to got to the bog to fill the kettle/drinking glass but it works for me.

the water tastes sooo nice!!!

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Probably take you advice John and fit the nice shiny new tap, at least that will be one less fitting to find.

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
I suggest you trade the european for an RV - then no problem. Got to be worth it! :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I suggest you trade the european for an RV - then no problem. Got to be worth it! :thumb::thumb:

Trade my 27 MPG for 10 MPG NO WAY Hosea.

I will sort the problem, you can bet on that:ROFLMAO:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Dane,

I will get Neil to have a look when he gets home, poor boy is working.

We have a seperate tap for ours too, otherwise you are filtering water you dont need to, like washing up etc. Also it will mean the filter will last longer, I think they are about £60 for a new one, but we havent changed ours yet.

You could also try CAK tanks, they have everying to do with water tanks and plumbing.

Pat

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We have a seperate tap for ours too, otherwise you are filtering water you dont need to, like washing up etc. Also it will mean the filter will last longer, I think they are about £60 for a new one, but we havent changed ours yet.

Totally agree, not only that, toward the end of it's life, although still usable, the flow drops off to a trickle.. and as Pat said, filters are expensive..

Ours last about a year full timing, so used recreationally should last several years .. of course that depends on th equality of the water from the mains...

Jim

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Got it fitted now tap and all, just need to sort out a Tee for the 1/2" polypipe then a reducer down to the 3/8 th yank polypipe. Should be able to get the nessecary tomorrow when the plumbing merchents are open.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Got it fitted now tap and all, just need to sort out a Tee for the 1/2" polypipe then a reducer down to the 3/8 th yank polypipe. Should be able to get the nessecary tomorrow when the plumbing merchents are open.

i assume the supplied 'T' didnt fit your pipe then Dane?

im surprised as swift use the standard blue and red pipe.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
i assume the supplied 'T' didnt fit your pipe then Dane?

im surprised as swift use the standard blue and red pipe.

No John, the supplied Tee is designed to be pushed into rubber hose not poly and clamped with a jubalee clip. I could have heated it up in hot water to soften it but would rather use speed fit coupling for ease of removal at a later date should the need arise.:thumb:
I will have a word with our Dental engineer tomorrow she has loads of pipes and fittings in her workshop, but it may all be too small.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No John, the supplied Tee is designed to be pushed into rubber hose not poly and clamped with a jubalee clip. I could have heated it up in hot water to soften it but would rather use speed fit coupling for ease of removal at a later date should the need arise.:thumb:
I will have a word with our Dental engineer tomorrow she has loads of pipes and fittings in her workshop, but it may all be too small.

just been out and checked mine.....self locking push fit 'T'.
same as a regular plastic plumbing fitting.

Hep2O® The Flexible Push-fit Plastic Plumbing System From Wavin

must be the economic climate forcing cheapness on the makers:winky:

Last edited:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi, we brought ours from a franchised seller at Shepton Mallet show January 2008. it came with a tap .as far as i can remember Rich didn't need to buy anything extra to fit it into place, all was with the pack. Lin

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
just been out and checked mine.....self locking push fit 'T'.
same as a regular plastic plumbing fitting.

must be the economic climate forcing cheapness on the makers:winky:

I can't complain, I only paid £110 for the complete lot including the tap from Brownhills. Someone had ordered it in and never picked it up so they were glad to get rid of it I think.:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Think they are great............hope I get one for £110 :Smile:

Boo

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Think they are great............hope I get one for £110 :Smile:

Boo

They only had one at that price, to be honest I think someone made a cock up as it should have been about £170.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
You will all be please to hear that it is all fitted now and working, only took ten minutes once I aquired the correct fittings which I got from a local caravan dealer.:thumb:

Thanks for all the advice:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You will all be please to hear that it is all fitted now and working, only took ten minutes once I aquired the correct fittings which I got from a local caravan dealer.:thumb:

Thanks for all the advice:thumb:

and your opinion on the water quality and taste Dane ?????

bilbo

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Teesside
Funster No
Exp
I've just read this thread and glad to hear you're all sorted. For the benefit of anyone else fitting one of these filters all you need to do is phone general ecology. They sent me the correct tee with 12mm quickfit fittings, They didn't even charge for the post. I bought my filter five years ago as a last resort to get rid of the "tank taste", I'm still on cartridge no 1 and the water still tastes perfect. Remove the cartidge when cleaning out the system and replace it after flushing.

Hope this of help

Steve

PS tell everyone you're using bottled water,otherwise they'll be round for Tea all the time

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
just a little thing on the motorhome/caravan push fittings,

they are 12mm, which is smaller than the sizes used on hep20, or the domestic john guest barrier pipe, which is 15mm, so your unlikely to find any fittings in a plumbers merchants,

usually the only place to get the 12mm fittings from is a caravan shop, but i found out a while ago that truck air lines use 12mm polly pipe (this is for the pipes that run along the chassis and to the brake components, not the suzies), which is very similar stuff to the semi rigid pipe used in motorhomes... higher bursting strength so slightly thicker walled, but as the pipes push into the fittings, the outside diamiter is the same as the semi rigid pipe.

So find a place that does truck spares, i use a hydraulics place, most do air and hydraulic pipes, they have almost every type of 12mm push fitting you could ever want.

i've got adaptors to go down to 10mm, upto 15mm, hose barbs for 13mm flexi pipe (for the first meter of my piping from the waterpump to reduce water hammer) to a 19mm hose barb for the heating systems connection to the engines heater pipes, T pieces, reducing tee's, Y's, stop ends and so on.

and a lot cheaper than the whale branded fittings, which are by john guest, same as the ones i buy from the hydraulics place,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back