Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there all,anyone got automatic levelling system fitted ? If so which one? and what are your opinions of there effectiveness?are they worth the cost?:)
Brian & Jo

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
If we had been able to afford a delux gin palace it would have been a consideration.
We could only afford a beer tent so it's never been on the cards.
To be honest, from our experience how level do you need to be?
As long as the fridge works & the blood doesn't run to your head whilst in bed what's the problem.
Unless of course you use any medical equipment which may require such accurate levelling .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
E&P fitted last week. I like to be properly level and the new-to-us tag van would have been awkward to use ramps, especially on slippery surfaces, and I was mindful of the additional strain on the clutch over time. We tend to move the van frequently so justified the cost to ourselves.

We've only used it twice, but I already like it a lot!

Ours was fitted by Jayme at Courtside Conversions in Tiverton, Devon, which I thoroughly recommend. He was very helpful with advice and additional effort to fit the pump and reservoir in the best place.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
come on give us poor people a go.... what sort of cost? a few hundred, a few thousand?
?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The E&P system costs approximately £5k.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
For a similar figure you may be able to fit full air suspension, though it can't be fitted to all MHs.

A member of the Murvi Owners' Club recently had it fitted (at Tiverton) replacing an air assisted system which used pump up bags above the leaf springs. He reports an amazing improvement in ride and reduced roll on corners. And of course it self-levels.

And very expensive.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As DBK say`s full air suspension... It does have it`s limitations on very steep ground...

It is one of all the toy` on our Rapido, that I would bite the bullet and have fitted to a new van.. (y) Must add, all the toy`s were fitted before we got it..:) But the VB full air is the dog`s wotsit`s...

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have had E + P fitted a couple of months ago, what I really like is the total lack of movement once parked when moving inside MH, or if windy

a minor negative is that other users suggest placing blocks under the pads if parked on soft ground, that adds to the 'stuff' we need to carry and would mean getting down on the ground to deploy and retrieve, I will not be doing that, if it is that soft I will not park there or go without the jacks

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Are we talking about Air Suspension, or Hydraulic/Electric Jacks as in Yank RV`s.... ????

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
E&P hydraulic jacks, just over £5k on our Flair as it needed the heavier system.
If you have the cash spare it's a great addition in my mind, doesn't move around in the wind, always level whatever the surface even if the front wheels are dangling 6 inches off the ground, it's also a doddle to change a wheel, pick it up to put boards under in a boggy field or whatever.

Martin

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hydraulic jacks Mo.
p.s. tried to ring you earlier,will call u tomorrow sometime(y)
Brian & Jo

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I must admit that many years ago when we used to be tuggers, I was very obsessive about being level, and would spend ages making sure it was. The funny thing was that as soon as we changed over to the motorhome, it didn't bother me one bit... Nowadays as long as my head is higher than my feet when in bed I'm happy... Funny innit... :):)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We had E&P heavy system fitted last month and we had a little change from £5,000, I've used it three or four times now and wouldn't want to go back to driving up onto Millenco's.

If being slightly on the p1$$ doesn't bother you then don't spend the money.

I sat and watched a Belgian couple yesterday driving their rear wheels up onto their ramps with the associated wheelspin and when he finished she complained that it was out of level from left to right so he started again.

For my money, a great investment, but then I'm not a Rufty Tufty , I like level.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
We had E&P heavy system fitted last month and we had a little change from £5,000, I've used it three or four times now and wouldn't want to go back to driving up onto Millenco's.

If being slightly on the p1$$ doesn't bother you then don't spend the money.

I sat and watched a Belgian couple yesterday driving their rear wheels up onto their ramps with the associated wheelspin and when he finished she complained that it was out of level from left to right so he started again.

For my money, a great investment, but then I'm not a Rufty Tufty , I like level.
Go on give me your ramps, I did help you with the ketchup (y)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Those looking for a cheaper system - Gliderite is about 3.5K and a little bit lighter than the rest.

We ve had our for 3 years and do over 100 nights/year. very happy with them.

We carry 4 peices of 3/4 ply 8 inches square for soft ground.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Got Glideright on my tag, was on there when we got it. Great bit of kit. Think it's about £3.5K

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Got Glideright on my tag, was on there when we got it. Great bit of kit. Think it's about £3.5K

Does the Glideright system have automatic levelling (one button) or just manual setting, nothing wrong with that but worth stating the facts for the OP.

Martin

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Dont understand why so many with tags seem to have trouble levelling. We carry 3 yellow ramps in a locker use them for levelling and never have a problem.
5 ton 25ft tag and I have to have it reasonably level or I can't sleep. Always reverse on and always under the rear most axle on the rear end.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Does the Glideright system have automatic levelling (one button) or just manual setting, nothing wrong with that but worth stating the facts for the OP.

Martin
mine you do manually front / back or each side. Will lift the motorhome off the floor for changing a tyre etc.

Dont understand why so many with tags seem to have trouble levelling. We carry 3 yellow ramps in a locker use them for levelling and never have a problem.
5 ton 25ft tag and I have to have it reasonably level or I can't sleep. Always reverse on and always under the rear most axle on the rear end.

We dont have trouble levelling sometimes we use ramps. The jacks are also useful for stopping the rocking motion when you walk about inside. Like I said they were fitted when I got the motorhome but are very good. Don't know if I would fit them if I bought a new motorhome as its a lot of money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back