LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have just returned from three weeks away in which we stayed at five THSs and one weekend rally run by various C&CC DAs.

In each case we received a warm welcome and none had to be booked in advance. The sites were all within easy walking distance of public transport and most were close enough to local amenities as well, not something which is true of many main sites and CLs/CSs.

In total for 22 nights away for two of us it cost £222, which we thought was pretty good. If you work on the basis of only £5 a night saving over a site then we saved well over double the annual C&CC subscription (y)(y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Nice to hear praise for the C&CC - usually criticism on here! Well done Graham - and congrats on your antenna solution!

Catherine

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We have made use of Ccc holiday sites on a number of occasions and the welcome together with location has always been excellent.
We agree with GJH this aspect of CCC make the membership well worthwhile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Graham,

It's for the reasons you have outlined above, that we have retained our C&CC membership, and dropped the CC instead, despite being members for 25 years. We love THS. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi jock & Rita, where did you go, we are doing similar over the next few weeks ,start at a couple of funster meets in Dorset then on to Ths's in Dorset & Devon ,hopefully getting to wildman cl towards the end of hols.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham,

It's for the reasons you have outlined above, that we have retained our C&CC membership, and dropped the CC instead, despite being members for 25 years. We love THS. :)

Cheers,

Our CC membership renewed whilst we were away Jock but we will be considering over the next few months whether to drop it. Over the last couple of years we have only used two sites and one CL, all for reasons of needing to be in particular places at particular times.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi jock & Rita, where did you go, we are doing similar over the next few weeks ,start at a couple of funster meets in Dorset then on to Ths's in Dorset & Devon ,hopefully getting to wildman cl towards the end of hols.
Hi Fidget,

Whilst we are still working (of sorts) we don't get to many, but we like to visit the Norfolk Coast, and especially in the summer months, there is always a THS being held somewhere along there, ie, Hunstanton, Sheringham, Wells, Cromer, etc.
We've not had the chance to visit the one at York Cricket & Rugby Clubs, which runs for a few weeks at a time.

Cheers,

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Fidget,

Whilst we are still working (of sorts) we don't get to many, but we like to visit the Norfolk Coast, and especially in the summer months, there is always a THS being held somewhere along there, ie, Hunstanton, Sheringham, Wells, Cromer, etc.
We've not had the chance to visit the one at York Cricket & Rugby Clubs, which runs for a few weeks at a time.

Cheers,

We stayed at both Wells and Sheringham, followed by Lowestoft over the last two weeks. We may well get in a few days at York after Misterton but it doesn't start until July 3rd so we will need to find somewhere in between if we do.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We turned up at a c&cc cs in Durham last month and found there was a c&cc rally there. Stayed with the rally for £6 a night. With this view
20150515_175718_Evergreen Close.jpg

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The 3C's set up THS's all over the UK, it might be a field, school play ground, even part of an existing campsite, their will always be a couple of people running it. We stayed a few years back at one at the Windy Harbour Holiday Park, so if you wanted you got the use of all the facilities of the park.
Although most you can just turn up at, some do want you to book, as they get very busy.

Ian

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Some of their THS are in brilliant locations and usually cost about £8 a night.
This year we have only stayed at one near Weymouth. Hidden behind houses and less that 100yds fom the main road with a 10min bus service to Weymouth and a half-hour service to Dorchester. There were also several walks in the Wey Valley. It will be there next year but then the field is planned to be a housing development.

Last year we managed three, one at Kendal, just round the corner from Aldi, Morrisons and a bus stop. Three groups run THS at this Kendal site throughout the year but our family commitments only allows us to be for four days there this year. We also stayed at one on the mainland next to the causeway to Holy Island, and the one at York Rugby and Cricket club. The one at York was disappointing bus wise, by the time we had curcumnavigated two rugby pitches and their main cricket ground to get to the road, the bus stop was still far in the distance. It was easier and not much longer to nip out the back of the site and walk the mile along the river into the centre of the city.

I'll recommend any CCC members to give the THS network a try.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is the only reason we are still in ccc and as we usually go to France now, we are thinking of dropping it next year, although saying that we have spent a week on one in Wales already this year so probably got most of our subscription back as it was only £7 a night.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We rally with the local DA's regularly, gets us out to some places we wouldn't normally go. We're out with the West Kent DA next weekend. It also means that we're using the MH a lot :clap:
We also rally most weekends but go with various DA groups in Kent and Sussex plus the Kent MCS. Hopefully we'll finally meet at one of them @scousebird although it won't be this weekend as we are off to France.

Denise

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Stayed two nights last week at Alnwick THS on the Rugby club ground. Daytime use of the clubs toilets and showers and £8 per night. 15 minute walk into town and a Lidl and Sainsburys a short walk away. Only about 15 units on site, very friendly hosts.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Please excuse my total ignorance here, but what is a THS. I expect it to be so obvious I may well say doh!!!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Please excuse my total ignorance here, but what is a THS. I expect it to be so obvious I may well say doh!!!
A Temporary Holiday Site - a rally that they set up for a week or more, normally in popular holiday spots or events

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was pissed off with CCC yesterday, fancied a bit of Lake District but fully booked for places we like. I got a booking for Windermere, by the time I asked Dinah if it was OK for her it was gone. They are doing something right !

So instead Southport with an air show thrown in.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Can recommend the THS at Burton Bradstock, Dorset. Friendly but not intrusive. Couple of minutes walk to beach. You can walk along the beach to West Bay or along cliff tops ( where Broadchurch was filmed) Burton Bradstock village is pretty, free wifi at the library. You can also get the bus outside to West Bay and Bridport.
Dogs ok on all the beaches and on THS.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
C & CC do well out of me in the non school holiday months as I can usually stay for an average of £11 a night when a CS or CL has cost me up to £17 just to park in a field with some water and CDP. Caravan Club is a bit more expensive, but don't require a deposit up front! I like the known quality of the sites, the usually very friendly and helpful managers/wardens and interesting locations!

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi ,just stayed at mofatt, beadnell bay, and dunstan hill we had great service thanks

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I was pissed off with CCC yesterday, fancied a bit of Lake District but fully booked for places we like. I got a booking for Windermere, by the time I asked Dinah if it was OK for her it was gone. They are doing something right !

So instead Southport with an air show thrown in.
Give my love to the Vulcan, thought about coming up but either way too expensive. I saw her briefly over Oxford last Saturday, but the 4 events I had decided to go to she didn't turn up, or the event was cancelled (Shoreham). Only 3 events now available to go to before she 'retires'.:crying::crying::crying:

Where are you staying at Southport??

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Currently at the Polstead (Suffolk) C and CC site - wardens so helpful and nothing too much trouble such a contrast to some other sites ..............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back