Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Guys.

Really sorry to be a 'Div' here but..I have just put on a Maxview Auto satellite dome on my Autotrail.
It is the Twin LNB type all be it, it is 2 years old. Everything works really well with the maxview side of things, however....How do I set up my sky box on it?
I am sure this has been asked many times and you must all be fed up with it now :confused:.
Please forgive me in advance and allow a novice a little room to improve if possible?
I have a Loop outlet on the back of the Maxview. This is connected via a coax to the Sky system LNB 1 input. The Sky box has been connected via an HDMI cable to the TV. The maxview is connected via a Scart lead. When you source through the TV menu, the HDMI box is not Highlighted ? I thought this should be so? The Scart side is highlighted very clearly.
The Tv is a Samsung Smart 24 inch.
If I use the remote for the Maxview it operates well and within 30/60 seconds all is well.
Sky however....Useless! Is it me? Have I misplaced a cable or connection or wired it up wrong?
Should I be doing something else? Perhaps ....reading a lot more? :whistle:
Either way ....
Hope everyone is well and enjoying life?
Kev

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
not easy at a distance but it sounds like you either have a scart or HDMI too many there I could be well wrong but why is there a scart lead to the Maxiview

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
not easy at a distance but it sounds like you either have a scart or HDMI too many there I could be well wrong but why is there a scart lead to the Maxiview
Thanks for the response.
The system came with a Scart lead on the Maxview freeview box to the TV. The Sky box is new, so I assumed it needed a cable to send a signal , Hence HDMI?
Does it need the HDMI cable or does the loop connector from the Maxview, do the job using the Scart connector already from the Maxview box? Phew! Sounds complicated! :think:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I have to admit not being familiar with the Maxview as only had the auto sat dishes, I am sure someone that is familiar with the system will be along soon
As I see it from a dish point of view there will just be a coax from the maxview to the sky box as you described and the from the Sky box either a scart lead or a HDMI to the television

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
hey half the fun with sat systems is getting them working not watching the rubbish that is broadcast when you get it working

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I must admit..I was chuffed to bits with it making the right noises never mind actually showing anything up on the TV screen! Little things hey?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Like lanside says I think you have too many cables. The Scart from the dome to the TV isn't required if you are trying to use your Sky box.

The first thing you need to to is get the TV seeing the Sky box which it should be doing whether you have a satellite signal or not, so check your HDMI connections, perhaps turn everything off and on again. It might also be worth either trying a different HDMI lead or checking it on something else. As with any fault finding check the simple things, no matter how silly they seem, before you start getting complicated. At this point forget the dome. Until the TV sees the Sky box you aren't going any further. (y)

Once you've sorted that you can start on making sure the dome is pointed at the right satellite getting it set up.

Good luck (y)

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Thanks NickNic.

I have spoke to my son who also stated the cable possibility? Like you he too said to get the tv and the sky box to 'play' together. Will have a look tomorrow now. Thanks again.
Will call back tomorrow now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back