Trio Gas Alarm . (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
As some of you know Ralph's converting our own Peugeot .
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/trio-gas-alarm-black.html
He's putting in lots of bits n bobs and man gadgets. One thing I asked for was a hard wired gas alarm. He chose the trio. Above.

Whilst away , unfinished I may add, last weekend we had to use a camping stove. We opened a roof light and realised the gas canister was empty. So he changed it over. A little bit of gas escaping from the cassette. A minute later beep beep beep beeeeeeep.:Eeek:
Ooo the alarm works well , we thought.
Anyway, I digress.
Ralph came home from work last night. Had his tea and went out into Pug , to put some shelfs in the overhead cupboards and sort out the wooden door hinges , he's had so much bother with.
I'd made a meal in our slow cooker. Chicken thighs peppers onions olives potatoes tomatoes , drop of red wine. Very nice.

Must have given Ralph a bit of wind though.
He pooped and a minute later beep beep beep . The gas alarm went off. :Eeek:
He couldn't believe it. So he re set it and when he wanted to do another , went to it and did it right at it . Beep beep beeeeeep !

Are they supposed to go off with farts ? Is it over sensitive. It's supposed to do all types of gas . I suppose it's doing what it says on the tin :rofl:

Last edited:

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
Yes. As soon as my Trio alarm arrived in the post, being an inquisitive sort, I hooked it up to a 12v battery and shoved it down my trousers.

As soon as I 'went off', It went off. Brilliant!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ours seems very good, senses Lin hair or deodorant sprays with the loo door closed. Quite reassuring!
Barrie.
We use a deodorant stick and I don't use hairspray, do that's 2 less things to set it off. Thank goodness.
Thing is buster did the same at the weekend. We had to open the windows ! That nasty naff didn't set it off. Weird.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Probably your trio alarm on alerts to human farts and not animal ones:moon2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.