Aa Again (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So my breakdown renewal came today.......and yes I was obviously caught by the automatic renewal payment. Missed that on the bottom of the form I guess. I have already posted about this and I will not get caught again.
Anyway I digress....£177.....for ....wait for it.....Silver membership because I am such a valued customer. However why the heck would I need the cover for up to 3 under 17's ? No bloody good to me as mine are all adults. Do I need the 50% discount at Moto Services ? I rarely spend any money in those rip off joints. 10% off Hertz car hire.....I have a flipping car, a motorhome and 2 motorcycles ...why the heck would I need to hire a car? 20% off airport parking....whoop dee do....anyone can get that if they look around. Oh and European cover...for 1 day, up to 3 times a year. What a crock of poo. The only possible good cover is the accident assistance bit, but I did get a lovely silver card too.
I shall be telephoning tomorrow.........let's see what they offer. Could be back to Green Flag.
Rant over.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Good luck, mine came up a few months ago, AA GOLD CARD, 50 years memebership, renewal................... wait for it..........................£380 doubled in price, phoned up, said I could get it a lot cheaper elsewhere, reply thats the price take it or leave it.

Needless to say I am no longer a member

Peter

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I go through the "it's cheaper online" dance ever year. Normally they match it. But this year they didn't and the woman on the phone was quite snotty with me! I get gold membership which gives me free relay cover. This year quote was £130ish. (Joint cover, breakdown. Relay is "complimentary") I pointed out I could get breakdown with joint cover on their website for £88. She kept saying I have relay. I kept saying its complimentary which means I don't pay for it. It ended at £99,which is cheaper than RAC. But I'm still paying £11 for something that should be free.

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good luck, mine came up a few months ago, AA GOLD CARD, 50 years memebership, renewal................... wait for it..........................£380 doubled in price, phoned up, said I could get it a lot cheaper elsewhere, reply thats the price take it or leave it.

Needless to say I am no longer a member

Peter

Wow....just wow..that's unbelievable. The AA have been great when I have had to call them out, prompt, polite and so far have always done the job so no issues there. I just dislike the way they assume you want all these fancy extras without consultation. I did get a price match several years ago after a phone call so that's my next job now, if not probably Green Flag as the RAC will not cover the length of my van with our moticross trailer.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
AA are going through a rough patch at the moment, trying to run roughshod over ADAC who if you can get cover offer far better deal all round than any UK offerings. They (AA) cannot match what is offered so got less renewals a few years back and have been increasing prices to compensate ever since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Haggled only got down to £133. The guy tried to slate, politely ish, other companies but I held fast. For my needs Green Flag fit the bill. Have used them in the past with no problems. Got personal cover, any vehicle, roadside and recovery ( don't really need onward) for less than £80. Holiday European cover will be another search but not until August.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That is the one good thing about here is the recovery is built in to your car insurance. It is a legal requirement . Doesn't appear to increase the premium much.
Mine on MH is 440€ full comp , just done it , & the recovery is EU wide not just Spain as I asked the question. Same on the car.
When you consider that you also have a full 'green card' yearly included in the price with no restrictions on where you actually are in the EU + 25oookms/annually , makes you wonder what the UK is all about ?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
As I've got a panel van camper and a car I went with RAC. £99 for both vehicles including recovery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Everything about the AA is rubbish from breakdown cover right through to home insurance.

I urge everyone to read the small print in all of their policies.

I had a big run in with them about 2 years ago about their small print on a house insurance renewal.

I had insured with them for years and always answered " no" when it came to the question about whether all our exit door and window locks complied with BS this or that.

This particular year there was a little bit of small print buried away in the policy notes that stated there would be no cover unless I fitted BS standard locks within 6 months.

I started a complaint, got fobbed off and kept escalating it to the next level while dealing with complete knobheads who couldn't ( or wouldn't) accept that ( a) it was misleading, (b) would catch out many people and ( c) their failure to point this out put them in breach of the duty they owed me as my insurance agent.

I finally ended up with someone at management level who agreed with me and confirmed that they had now amended their policies and would honour other claims they had turned down as being in breach of this particular policy term.

It shouldn't have needed me to waste loads of my time with the sods to have reached that conclusion.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Green flag for me, £120 ish for all the bells and whistles. Times when we called them out, they have been excellent, arrived within the hour

A friend had a 5Mtr 200mm M/H , he was with the AA for years, when he had to call them out, the Towie measured his unit , and said he could not carry him because he was only allowed to carry 5Mtr M/H s. His unit exceed that by 200mm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back